“Good pub food”
Review of The Bear Hotel

The Bear Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Crickhowell
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

There are two large pub rooms with the usual fish and chips fare, but there is also a formal dining room with very good ambience, food and service. Lots of celebrations and friendly loud noise about.

There are newer reviews for The Bear Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Service and welcome awesome. nothing too much trouble. lovely surroundings and ambience. great menu with superb food at a good price

Reviewed June 12, 2014

It is a great varied menu for all tastes and the food was good. However the pub itself was like stepping back in time. I know some may like 'charm' but I found it very tired and gloomy with no atmosphere. The more elderly bar staff were also a bit rude and seemed to ignore females waiting at the bar! Visit by all means but more of a eat and run place.

2  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Lovely meal at the Bear Hotel restaurant during a stay in Crickhowell for the Hay Festival. Great food; personable and attentive service; excellent value for money. Venue full of character. We didn't actually stay at the Hotel but I rather wish we had.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight at the bear hotel and stayed in for our evening meal. Our room was fantastic and both the evening meal and breakfast were delicious.

The bread and dips we ordered came without anything to pour the balsamic and oil into which resulted in us trying to pour them onto the bread (very messy) but apart from that I really couldn't fault our meal. I thoroughly enjoyed the gnocchi vegetarian option and the desserts were lovely (I would recommend the sticky toffee pudding).

Staff were friendly and attentive and I would happily come back again.