“Loved the food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
London
“Loved the food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We popped in here for lunch as we wanted a dog friendly pub with good food.
Overall we were impressed, we had the mixed meat meze and it was lovely. the starter and desert were also top class. The cheese board didn't come with the advertised bread but it was supplied when I queried it. It was a very quiet lunchtime but the desert did take a surprisingly long time to arrive so the we'd drunk the coffee long before.

• Visited September 2013

Dorking, United Kingdom
“Excellent Quality”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good fish specials, which is just as well since my wife is not a big meat eater. Really well presented dishes, all very good quality. Desserts were also very nice and staff were excellent. Recommended

Visited September 2013
Huddersfield
“Good - but slightly flawed”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My octogenarian father would definitely give Nantyffin 5 stars. He loved his salmon (from the chalkboard) followed by gooseberry fool. I have a photo of him gazing with anticipation at the fool and, I understand, he was rewarded when he ate it. We sat outside with a lovely view across to the (sunny) Welsh countryside.
I, on the other hand, had the experience of ordering at the bar (not a streamlined operation even though it wasn't particularly busy) and being served sardines which needed a few seconds less cooking. I appreciate lightly charred edges but these had moved over to being burnt. I didn't complain because I was with my father who's not a complainer!

Aberbargoed, United Kingdom
“Wow, wow and oh wow!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited with friends for a birthday meal and was blown away with the stunning buiding, old cider mill equipment and overall feel of the place. The choice of food and drink, quality of both and service were excellent. Couldn't ask for more. Portions were large, unusual for such an restaurant. Helpful and friendly staff made the experience even more enjoyable. Will be dining here again, no doubts on that, worth booking a taxi as the cider choice was great too!

Wales, UK
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've never had a bad meal here but lunch today was so amazing I felt prompted to review again, particularly as the previous owners are now back at the helm.

Just.... wow..... Loved the 'Nibbles' addition to the menu, which allowed us to have three savoury courses as we don't really have a sweet tooth....Everything was completely perfect and utterly delicious!

Going back next weekend as there are so many gorgeous dishes on the menu we want to taste as many as we can!

As usual, very highly recommended.