“What a lovely house!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The canal at Talybont on Usk
The canal at Llangynidr
View from Buckland Hill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Deb0raha5
Chesapeake, Virginia
“What a lovely house!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My mother (age 86) and I have made several trips to Wales over the years, and I recently became concerned about her ability to navigate steps in the B&B where we had been staying. Mike Davies, of Dragon Tours, arranged for us to stay this time at Mortimer House in Crickhowell, and we loved it! We were greeted with a welcome pack that included fresh local bread & cider, and the refrigerator was stocked with butter--even ice cubes in the freezer! We stayed in the ground floor apartment, and it was lovely! Very spacious & nicely organized, with access to a beautiful patio area off the kitchen, the apartment offered two large bedrooms, a bath, living & dining areas, and a well-appointed kitchen, which included a washer & dryer (which I could not figure out, but didn't need. There are, however, available instructions on all the appliances). The wi-fi was also a welcome addition, since I brought my tablet with me. We had the opportunity to view the other apartments available as well, and they were equally beautiful.

I particularly appreciated the location, within easy walking distance to shops, the bank, and the pub at the Bear. I would highly recommend Mortimer House to anyone who's looking for a well-appointed vacation rental. I could very easily live there permanently!

Date of stay: June 2014
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing