All reviews evening entertainment coach holiday coach party a bit tired large room hot water visited this hotel tea and coffee first floor room was clean and comfortable weekend break reception area stayed for one night centre of town lovely place helen manageress
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

A twin room on the third floor was what we were given, however the smell on entering the room was not fresh and a large brown poo was lurking in the toilet and looked as if it had been there for some time. Décor was tired but clean. Keys had been given for the room but did not work. Food was basic but ok. Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful.
Found this expensive for what it was and would not recommend.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DynamicDeb326
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

We did stayed here again ( think 4th time) and we like the hotel. The rooms are warm clean and big. Fresh towels daily. Staff all friendly and helpful. Food is tasty and hot. Can recommend and we hoping to coming many more times here. Thank you an all the staff

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank queeny1955
Reviewed January 1, 2019

Stayed here over New year lovely comfortable hotel staff were hard working and attentive. Rooms are clean and comfortable, food was wonderful. Yes some of the decore was a little dated, but that didn't have any consequence of staying there

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank suebayjo
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

Arriving at the Glen Usk, we were greeted by a lovely gentleman who helped us with our check-in and gave us all the information we needed. The fuse blew in our original room (which is fine, it's happens!) and we were upgraded to the best room in the house for no extra cost! We couldn't believe it and thanked him dearly as he was very apologetic. We felt very welcomed and that nothing was too much to ask for! An amazing start to our stay! After the event we saw, the gentleman greeted us again as we came back late, and talked to us foe a while before wishing us a good night!

Tbh, the only thing that let this stay down was the breakfast staff on Sunday morning. We arrived at 8:30 and were left to it, no one let us knew if we had to order and we fumbled around trying to figure it out. An older woman came up to us, didn't even say hello and started taking our order without asking what we wanted.. She was just assuming and we just agreed because it felt forced and we didn't want to seem rude. I then told her that I was going to have cereal so she could just being the cooked breakfast out and we'd have it all at the same time (which is my choice), and she told me that I'd HAVE TO have my cereal first because that's how it was. So I told her to just bring the breakfast out as I didn't want to argue with her after she was being forceful to have breakfast in her particular order! We left breakfast at 9, we felt like the staff were waiting for us to leave as they were getting closer and closer to our table. The breakfast staff ruined our Sunday morning for us.

The greeting was lovely and welcoming, the room was spotless and everything was available and nothing was too much for the reception staff and that made us feel very relaxed and happy.

I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again, but maybe room only next time as I wouldn't like to have breakfast with those staff members again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 355fflurj
Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Glen Usk while visiting friends in Llandrindod Wells, I have noticed several people complain about the hotel, but my answer to them is you get what you pay for....

The hotel is not the best hotel going, but it served the purpose on the budget we had.

It's clean, warm and reasonably welcoming.

The rooms are tired and in need of a facelift but hey they were comfortable.

My only real gripe was the lady in the dinining room (I assume was the head waitress) who has about as much charisma as the porridge...

The two young men working tirelessly running around while been shouted at by the dictator I have nothing but admiration.

I found the lady both rude and ignorant and treated me like I was an inconvenience.

Yet in retrospect the staff at reception couldn't do enough to help us, I asked to bring a guest and they didn't bat an eyelid and even only charged me a nominal amount.

To all the staff I thank you for making our stay a nice experience.

If your staying on a budget then it's a great place to stay.

Just avoid the pit bull in the dining room.

Date of stay: November 2018