“Lovely place to Stay or stop for lunch”
Review of Hotel Commodore

and 1 more site!
Hotel Commodore
“Lovely place to Stay or stop for lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Couldn't fault it. We needed somewhere to stay to cut our journey in half as we have a 6 month old daughter.
The staff are so friendly as soon as you arrive and will do anything for you. Big log fires to relax in front of, kids corner full of toys.
The family Room we had was massive with two massive beds. Full Breakfast was yummy and you could help yourself to toast, coffee and other bits.

On our journey home we popped in for lunch which was very nice indeed :-)

1 Thank RNCH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the commodore during a trip through wales on our way to Cardiff. The hotel is a little bit dated in places but had to the charm. The staff where fantastic and great with my kids, nice to see they had a good sense of humour (which is rare these days).

Our rooms was beautifully modern and a great size for the family. Any thing the room didn't have a quick phone call and the staff brought it up for us.

The jewel on the crown for this hotel has to be it's food. The full english breakfast was truely out of this world and amongst the best I've had. My kids are little fussy around food but the staff catered to there request. We stayed for dinner and again the food was amazing and the deserts very morish.

Also on our trip we had our pet dog and he was also welcomed by the hotel with places we could take him and water bowls and beds for him.

Great experience, thankyou.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob B
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a room on the strength that we were attending a reletives birthday party at the Hotel. So pleased we did !!!
As soon as we arrived in the hotel reception the staff treated us like family. They were friendly and there was a great buzz about the place.
Our room was spotless and tidy which is all you can ask and the breakfast was as good as we've had anywhere.
The function room the party was held in was great and if I lived nearer I would certainly use it for the conferences I organise.
The food served to us was I must say was presented extreamly well and tasted as good as it looked.
Simply summing up.
Fantastic value for money and we will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: I would seek help from the receptionist
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham A
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I chose to stay at the Hotel Commodore as in the past I have stayed at the Metropole, which is over priced and not to my taste. The welcome you receive at this hotel is wonderful. The staff are helpful and quick to meet your demands. The reception and restaurant have delightful open fires. Perfect for an evening social with a glass or 2 of something cold from the bar. The food is delicious and great value for money. The hotel is packed with history and the new owners are updating the decor. The coffee shop will be a wonderful bonus when completed and the new Spa, a haven for relaxation, looks divine. There is still a lot to work on but having had the tour of the hotel can see its further potential and hope Andrea and Murdock continue to build on this great start.

4 Thank Busytraveller75
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Upon arrival of the hotel it is perfectly placed in the town, local to lots of amenities and shops. Welcomed by a roaring log fire and comfy sofas I immediately felt at home. The staff were extremely attentive and welcoming. I found the rooms very nice, large, airy and with a great view over the town. The bar and reception area were very comfortable. The food was amazing,compliments to the chef and the waitressing staff were extremely helpful. I would most definitely be going back !

3 Thank Connerz17
Skipton
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Thank you to all the team for a lovely stay and what can only be described as superb hospitality. We understand that the hotel has been recently acquired by new owners and we can tell that the hotel is definitely undergoing a complete transformation. Your passion and enthusiasm for the place really impressed us and we loved the breakfast! If we're nearby in Wales we'll definitely be back. Looking forward to seeing the spa next time we visit. PS thank you for extending such family friendly things too. Providing a baby monitor was a really nice touch!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MarkJSkipton
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice enough staff, but check in took ages. The hotel's dogs were running around reception. The rooms were grim; really outdated, grubby bedspread, very basic bathroom and no hairdryer. It was freezing even though I turned the heating on as soon as I got there. I had to sleep in my clothes with one of the (tiny) towels over me for some warmth. Evening meal was ok, but again the restaurant was cold. The staff were helpful enough, bringing a heater to warm us up. In the night I was kept awake by the macerator in the toilet coming on at random intervals. Breakfast was hilarious; we had to sit by the open fire as this was the only heating in the restaurant. As we were waiting for staff to arrive (not so attentive in the morning), water started pouring through the ceiling. We had to sacrifice warmth for not getting soaked, and moved to another table. Breakfast was a real let down; tiny portions and the baked beans looked as though they had been in the microwave about 10 times. I'm not a fussy eater but I left most of it. Plus side; as we were there on business the company got a nice early start out of us as we were in such a rush to get out of there!
They seemed to be working on opening a spa when they should have been spending money on the hotel itself. I dread to think of people booking a nice relaxing spa weekend there and ending up with the holiday from hell!
The hotel was full of a colourful collection of characters, who seemed to live there; it's the sort of place you might stay if you had nowhere else to go. I do, so I won't be going there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

#2 of 3 in Builth Wells
The Montpellier Hotel
The Montpellier Hotel
#22 of 32 in Llandrindod Wells

Been to Hotel Commodore? Share your experiences!