“Really enjoyed my business trip away”
Review of Metropole Hotel

Metropole Hotel
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights during October 2013. The room was spacious and had everything I needed. The maids also kept the room very clean and tidy.

There are two restaurants available: the a la carte or the 'bar' menu. We ate at the bar menu which was lovely and not too expensive (average £13 for a really well cooked meal). The breakfast was also very nice (mine was included within the room price though you can pay seperately for around £12) which a large selection of both hot and cold foods, all of which are replenished regularly.

The leisure facilities (i.e the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and gym which is equipped with several pieces of cardio equipment and a few weights) also kept me entertained of a nighttime (I wish I could have spent more time in there!!).

Overall I would rate this hotel as one of the best I have stayed in and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Conor W
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Conor,

I was so pleased to read that you had enjoyed your business trip to The Metropole and I hope that we shall be able to welcome you back again soon whether it be for business or pleasure.

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights as part of a special offer, the standard of service was excellent,
nothing too much trouble. The food is excellent and especially the choice for breakfast, swimming pool good and the room we had was enormous, with the usual facilities .
We had problems finding the car park which is massive, it is located at the back of the hotel, but we may have missed some information.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Derek

Thank you for your very positive feedback. Any confirmation you recieved from us should mention the car park is at the rear of the hotel but I shall certainly check up on this. I hope it did not inconvienience you too much.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on an organised event over a weekend. I was allocated a quiet room on the top floor which had a very modern and bright shower room. Evening meals were filling and the buffet breakfast very hearty, just what you need for a day exploring mid Wales. Didn't have time to use the spa so unable to comment on that aspect.
Staff were very helpful and attentive, and if visiting the area again would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear PCGS,

Very pleased to read that you would return to the hotel on future visits to the area. I hope that will be in the very near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We find this hotel a great base to use when visiting mid and north Wales.Areas of the hotel could do with updating but the bedrooms are pleasant and the food and service are both excellent.
The bar area is great for drinks before dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ggjsg, I was delighted to read that you have returned again so shortly after your last visit. In an old building like The Metropole there is always something needing updating and we do try to keep on top of it. As I type the back terrace is being repainted.

I look forward to your next visit and hopefully by then you will be able to give us a 5 star rating having gone up to a 4 this time.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night and was very comfortable. The room was spacious with a separate lounge area and the bathroom was very modern and clean. There was a tv and tea & coffee making facilities. The only criticism I have is the room didn't have a mini fridge which I would expect in a 4* hotel. The spa facilities were good also with clean changing rooms. I stayed at the hotel as part of a special offer but felt the standard of service was the same as if I paid full price. The dinner and breakfast was good quality.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Mayolite99,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am pleased that you were comfortable and hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel 4 times and loved it each time. The food is top notch especially breakfast, spa clean and well equipped and the rooms are fab. The packages they offer for 1 2 night stay are excellent value.
We had our first trip here as a couple and have made it our hotel with lovely memories

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Christina, how very nice to read your lovely comments about The Metropole. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Attended the Metropole on business for a conference.
The building is very old and well preserved but inside there's a touch of modernisation!
My room was well equipped and comfortable, although a little warm, but this was probably to do with the weather! But my room had its own temperature thermostat.
Evening meal was delicious and plentiful and staff were most helpful and attentive to needs.
I spent a few hours in the bar which again was comfortable and uber modern with drinks priced, at what I thought was quite reasonable.
Breakfast the next morning was delicious with plenty of choice and again staff on hand.
I didn't have opportunity to visit spa facilities but I know that colleagues comments were positive about the amenities available.
Enjoyable 1 night stay. Would love to visit again.
Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Omi, I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit to The Metropole for you conference.

I hope that you will able to return for a relaxing break at some point in the future. We are running a very good offer of £99.00 DBB for 2 people through the winter that can be booked on our web site. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandrindod Wells
#1 of 1 in Llyswen
Peterstone Court Hotel
Peterstone Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanhamlach

Been to Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!