Highland Moors Guest House
Metropole Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$141
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$112
$73
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)(Great Value!)
$62
$163
Liverpool House(Rhayader)
$76
Crown Inn(Rhayader)
$81
$56
  • Restaurant
The Lake Country House & Spa(Llangammarch Wells)
$137
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
Llangoed Hall(Llyswen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgame piemain concernmid waleswarm welcomea large car parkcar clublovely buildingrooms are spaciousfull englishpleasant stayhuge roomstayed here for two nightsbreakfast was deliciousroyal welsh showone night stayfeel very welcomebiscuits
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Everything was clean and comfortable.Excellent breakfast.Really friendly atmosphere. 10-15 minute walk left or right to a couple of very good places to eat at lunch or in the evenings.
14th-17th Sept 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed for two nights in a room with plenty of space and a comfortable bed plus lovely views. Breakfast was fresh and nicely cooked. A beautiful house with lots of character and a nice atmosphere. We will certainly stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We received a warm and friendly welcome upon arrival from Sue Green who showed us to a spacious and comfortable ensuite room. Exactly what we had booked. The beds were so comfortable that we both fell asleep as our heads hit the pillows and did not wake up until the morning. The breakfast was freshly cooked and excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recently spent some time here and found the room extremely gloomy. The lighting was poor; the decor tire with, furniture mismatched, cheap and old fashioned; washing my hair under the shower was very difficult due to the very poor stream of water; and the feather bedding was so noisy it woke me up at every turn though the bed itself was comfortable.

The cooked breakfast was very good but the cereal breakfast was in tupperware (!) containers and looked less than appealing although the fresh fruit was lovely and I even had thick yoghurt on one of the days but it was missing on the other days which was a shame.

I was there during the torrential rains of last week so that could have added to the general gloom but I'm glad I didn't spend any time other than sleep time in the bedroom.

The staff were very friendly enough but didn't "chat" to any of the guests that I was aware of.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 100JudyB
Blackhampster2, Owner at Highland Moors Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I am disappointed that this guest had a less than excellent experience at Highland Moors. As we were away ourselves at the time, we were not able to address any concerns which coudl have been voiced whilst they were here. Whilst we are constantly improving and upgrading all the time, we hope that a desk not matching a wardrobe & chest of drawers won't spoil your experience too much. On the up side, this room has recently been painted with new ensuite, new carpet and flat screen TV. See our Gallery picture, bottom right. The showers are fed from mains pressure throughout so we're not sure how the shower could have been low volume water.

Having just come back from Ireland, we constantly look at taking ideas and implementing them here. We use matching cereal containers for some cereals to keep them fresh, but we have added extra 4-5 choices in packets, a choice of 2-3 Bio Pots for greater choice of yogurt, and 4-5 extra sweet & savoury spread options including honey with cinammon, orange, lime marmalade, and peanut butter. We also add in croissants, & pastries options when guests are here for more than one night.

Come try us for youself. I know you will enjoy your stay at Highland Moors
Sue

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We visited Highland Moors for a Jubilee weekend break. Although the owners of the guest house were away themselves, Theresa did not fail to make us very welcome. The room we stayed in was very spacious and had lovely views of the fields and hills in the distance.

There was a good selection for breakfast which tasted great and could tell it was high quality produce. The only niggle was that they were out of Lava bread. Having never been to Wales before, I was slightly dissapointed I couldn't sample it. Other than that a fantastic stay! Oh and the bed was super comfy, I don't think me and my partner have ever slept so well!

Thank you for your hospitality, you have a beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple