“Excellent little pub”
Review of Ty Fry Inn

Ty Fry Inn
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional Welsh country community pub, serving a great choice of beers, wines and freshly prepared food to order. Relax in our lounge or join us in the bar for sports tv, darts, pool or music.
Stockport
“Excellent little pub”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very nice, cosy and welcoming, decent pub food at a good price. Although they only have one draft beer it was good.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank noonan101

Chester, United Kingdom
“Good pub food, pleasant service, nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Doesn't pretend to be a top restaurant, serves good value pub food. No nonsense service and nice room.

3 Thank Brian8008
St.Asaph
“Excellent sunday lunch”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our visit for sunday lunch was eagerly anticipated and we were not disappointed. Home cooked what a nice change fantastic gravy and soup to start again homemade. Our hosts were attentive and service good. We look forward to our next visit.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank John J
Dyserth, United Kingdom
“Ty Fry let it's self down”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Rather than go into a long-winded anecdote I'll simply state that in the end I was disappointed with my experience here and probably won't go back again.
I ordered Cordon Blue Chicken Burger with bacon, wild mushrooms and strong Stilton sauce. What I was given was the chicken, bacon and a warm barbeque sauce.
When I asked about it and where the wild mushrooms and stilton sauce was the response was apathetic and an almost "well you've got it now” they really didn't want to deal with the issue.
The member of staff who dealt with me simply stated "well that's what I was sent so I thought that was it, sorry but that's what the chef sent” They didn't seem bothered and equally this showed how little they knew about the menu as the barbeque sauce was a dark colour and I suspect the stilton would have been a lot lighter, they obviously didn't check or verify the order but merely place it down and walk away.
When I sat back at the table fed up with the whole interaction as an after thought, a little later, the waitress did walk over and say 'she could see if should could get one of the other sauces' but I declined as now I was apathetic to the experience and just wanted to finish the meal and get out.
As a positive the portions were healthy and the burgers looked substantial and even value for money, but this was all lost because the staff had no idea what they were serving, cooking and dealing with and equally weren't bothered if this went wrong.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank MrJuggles
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Aunt Bessie Is the New Chef”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Under new management, I decided to visit a pub that i'd passed on a number of occasions without ever venturing inside. Their Sunday lunch had been recommended, so 2 weeks ago along with an easily pleased friend, we decided to give it a trial. At 4 pm, it seemed we were lucky that any food was left - which suggested that positive word of mouth was spreading. So we both settled for the roast pork dinner.
The pub has that traditional feel that comes from beams, regulars at the bar and patterned red carpet on the floor. Pleasant but not imaginative, functional rather than charming. There were a few families seated for lunch with young children and a couple in the corner.
I really wanted to have a great dining experience, so I had a regular place to eat, rather than a chain carvery. So I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with my food. Everything on the plate was pre-packaged. There wasn't a hint of 'home cooking'. Now I can pop down to Farmfoods and buy in like everyone else, but I don't always want to......
The positives included the gravy (should ask where they buy that in from) and the fact the food was 'pinging' hot. The worse element was the Yorkshire pudding - who knows where that came from? Suffice to say we didn't bother with dessert.

Overall, really underwhelmed and will drive past again, no doubt until the next buy out!!

• Visited November 2012