“Fantastic Find!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
wales
“Fantastic Find!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It is rated No 1 restaurant in Bermo, and having now visited, I am not surprised!

We had booked a table for a group of 10 people. It is a small restaurant, but lovely and cosy, and was perfect for our small group. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food, perfectly presented, and of a high standard. he cost was very reasonable for the high standard of food and wine.

The hostess was attentive and was very accommodating, given that we were a slightly rowdy group!

I can not recommend highly enough.

Well done Bistro Bermo! Keep it up.

• Polish first
Acton Trussell, United Kingdom
“Best of Barmouth”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I visited recently for our wedding anniversary and had a delicious meal (probably the best fillet steak I've ever had). Lovely quaint restaurant with fantastic service. You will need to book in advance as it is so small and very popular. Highly recommend.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant in Barmouth!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went last weekend for a special meal, during our stay in Barmouth. There was a slight confusion with our reservation, however this was no problem as they managed to fit us in half an hour later, giving us time to go for a drink first. The service was wonderful, our hostess was lovely very efficient, and very informative about all the produce on offer. My boyfriend has prawns with a chilli dip to start, whilst I had a smoked mackerel pâté with a blackberry chutney. Both were delicious! And for our main course, he had a tender steak and ale pie with mash and vegetables, and I had the most gorgeous dish of fresh cod on top of clam chowder. Setting was very intimate but enjoyable, and overall it was a wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend and can't wait to go back!

Welshpool, United Kingdom
“What a Gem, small but perfectly formed !!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked weeks ago for our visit on May 11th as we didnt want to miss it after reading the reviews on here.

Very small Bistro, but places are set so you dont feel cramped, and we settled down with the menu's and some lovely fresh bread and Olives (nice professional touch)

I went for Scallops in Bacon Jam starter which was sublime, and the Bacon Jam sounds weird but wow !!!
Wifey opted for Garlic mushrooms which were not the normal fayre you get with this starter. The mushrooms were huge and coated in a light batter?, perfect

I then had the Surf and Turf, Huge Sirloin with King Prawns and more Scallops. Steak was done to perfection medium rare and came with chips which was my only gripe as they were too al dente!!
My other half had the Belly Pork which was very tasty, although she did say it was a touch salty

Sticky toffee pudding and Cheese Board rounded off a perfect evening, and so close to 5 star that we will definitely return ASAP

£85 for two with a good wine was worth it for this quality. Please buy the place next door and expand, although that will probably spoil the special feel of the place

Shrewsbury
“Biggest Scallops ever!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We popped in on the evening of my fella's birthday. It's a small place but neatly arranged with small tables - just right for an intimate meal.

We were greeted warmly by the friendly waitress and given a run down of the specials available that evening. I opted for scallops with pancetta which I've only ever had once before (elsewhere) and I found these strangely without much taste, although they were absolutely huge! My partner had battered king prawns with chilli dip which were OK but really nothing special. For mains he opted for the fillet steak with peppercorn sauce which unfortunately was not as tasty as others he experienced on that holiday. I had pork belly with jus, served with veg and new potatoes, which was lovely but oh dear very salty. I did point my worries out to the waitress and she did take an interest and said she'd inform the chef of my comments.

I know that locals rate this as a top place to eat in Barmouth, so perhaps it just wasn't our night. I would try them again.

• Visited April 2013