We first came to the hotel in November 2007 as we were looking at venues for our future wedding. Our requirements were a homely place with a bit of history/character, good organic/free range food, enough space to accommodate all our family and friends for the weekend and great views of the sea for our wedding pictures. Well we weren't disappointed! The day after we came back home we booked a weekend again for February 2008 we loved it so much! We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms which is really lovely and with great sea and mountain views and the owners were kind enough on our first trip to show us most of the rooms to give us an idea for the wedding, including the four-poster room which is fantastic. The hotel itself is big enough for us not to be disturbed by other residents but small enough so that you feel comfortable and interact with other people if you want to. They also welcome non-residents for meals which I find a bonus. Overall it's a great place with loads of well-deserved praises in their comments book at reception. We cannot wait to get married there and come back for our anniversary every year after that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales