“What a missed opportunity.”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #23 of 62 Restaurants in Barmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Called in for a couple of coffees after noticing that the Lobster Pot has now become a restaurant since my last visit. The menu drew me in to be honest (was looking for a seafood meal later in the week). Great location and I've bought local crab from there before.
Oh dear, where to start.
Woman sat at a table (manager?), browsing Facebook on a laptop, had to ask her to move her chair so I could sit down (no apology), terrible coffee, dirty tables with used crockery lurking around (we were the only customers so no excuse for not clearing a table), laptop woman then got into an arguement with a man about what she had paid him (or not) I think for fish, all within a couple of feet of us... Needless to say, we did not book a table for the evening.
Totally unwelcoming.
Oh, and the toilets are still out of order (have a look back over previous reviews).

3  Thank DavidJanetMonty

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The range of seafood attracted us in. We both ended up having the mussels and they were very tasty. Not big portions but well cooked and served with warm crusty bread and a salad. The location is nice as it overlooks the harbour so sit outside if the weather allows. Two big negative points: 1) the staff appeared miserable and this manifested itself is unfriendly service. 2) they only take cash, very backward for this day and age, especially as you could easy spend £50 for a lobster meal for two with drinks.

2  Thank Welsh_Clarkey
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my wife and daughter for lunch and were lucky enough to get an outside table with the stunning views of the harbour and mountains as a backdrop.
The adults had a prawn and crab baguette which came with a side salad and a bowl of homemade coleslaw which we both really enjoyed
Our daughter had a jacket potato with beans and cheese which was enormous!! As she could not eat it all we asked for a takeaway container which was promptly provided
We found the staff friendly enough but the best thing about this restaurant is its location right on the harbour and the stunning views

1  Thank Corristraveller
Reviewed August 23, 2013

As I fancied lobster for lunch, we went the 'Lobster Pot'. Firstly I found it difficult to believe that a business in 2013, that charges £22.00 for a lobster salad with a roll, does not take a card payments.

Whilst sitting waiting for our lunch to arrive I was appalled by the attitude and the conversation of the woman in charge. She was cooking with another woman and obviously did not want to be at work that day. I appreciate we all have off days but the manner in which she spoke to the other members of staff was not necessary and very rude, please and thank you were not in her vocabulary. The net hanging from the ceiling was, by design, not able to stop the sound travelling into the seating area of the restaurant.

The food was beautiful, which is why I have given the 'average' rating. The lobster was cooked to perfection and the meal my husband had he highly rated too.

We might have visited on a bad day but I would not eat there again.

2  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Sun shining, sound of the sea & a fabulous view, dining alfresco. We both opted Moules marinière. Large, tasty mussels in a traditional rich white wine sauce with crusty bread. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yes they only take cash, but that was the norm for pretty much every where in Wales, something we ended up joking about as no one, other than a local post office offered a card payment option. Well recommended for a light, tasty & fresh lunch. Enjoy the beautiful view & relax.

2  Thank S100HAT