We stayed at this perfect holiday home a couple of years ago, and had such a fun and comfortable time that we always planned to return.
This time was just as memorable as our first visit. The home really is very comfortable, with so much space and all of the comforts of a 'home away from home'. The beds are lush, and even though it rained much of our week in Barmouth there was plenty of relaxation to be had indoors, even with two young children.
We'll be back, if we have a chance!
Great location with amazing views and lovely accomodation. Very clean and spacious with all the necessary home comforts.
Comfortable, warm apartment ideally located to enjoy Barmouth and what the town has to offer. We had a lovely 2 week holiday with excellent weather on most days, enjoying the local area by walking and using the buses, bus stop 2 mins walk. No.1 Orielton Hall was well equipt with everything you need to make your holiday as trouble free as possible. Amazing views from the balcony and even more amazing views from the top of the garden.
We had a great holiday in this lovely place. The beautiful, modern apartment is well equipped and only a short walk form Barmouth and the beach. Would definitely recommend it.
Had an amazing time for the 3 nights we were there, plenty of room on all rooms, lovely, clean and tidy facilities. Will be back in the near future for another lovely break away again.
On our way home from a fab stay here . Great location beautiful apartment we hope to return again closer to summer .
- Good location - about 10 minutes walk into the centre of Barmouth (uphill on the way back, but it isn't that steep), and the lounge has a nice view of the estuary/sea/part of the harbour (and a big tree that is across the road).
- Instructions for arrival and departure were easy and clear.
- Very well furnished, and the kitchen is well equipped for preparing a 'proper' meal. Plenty of crockery/cutlery so you can fill the dishwasher before needing to use it (tablets were provided as well as washing up liquid and a tea towel). An OS map of the area, binoculars, variety of books, board games/jigsaws and shopping bags are some of the thoughtful touches. Things like this make it feel much more cosy than some bland holiday accommodation we've stayed in.
- The property seemed bigger than we expected from the photos, the open plan lounge/kitchen is big and airy, and there is space to store suitcases etc. out of the way.
- Delightful shared gardens with a great view.
- Deposit was returned promptly, and owner communicated well in terms of enquiry/booking/instructions/feedback.
- On the downside, the property was not as clean as we would expect for luxury holiday accommodation - nothing major, but several surfaces were very dusty, and kitchen/bedroom drawers/cupboards need cleaning out. Both bedrooms have patio doors [onto common accessible areas] rather than windows so it isn't very secure to let any fresh air in, and the bathroom is internal with no windows at all; I think this contributes to the 'musty' smell that we found unpleasant especially in the bedrooms and bathroom. Having drawn the owner's attention to these small issues, they will hopefully be improved for future guests...
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|