“Good Value for Money”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times now, never fails to please! Good food for reasonable prices, especially seeing as it is the only Indian Restaurant in Barmouth as far as I know. Usually pretty quiet too so ideal if you want a relaxed atmosphere.

Drinks a little pricey but that's the only real quibble!

My wife has certain food allergies and they were happy to assist us in choosing an appropriate dish!

1  Thank RichNic2010

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good authentic dishes. Enjoyed a pleasant evening. Excellent service. The range of food was good for a small restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This was chosen as on a Thursday night no where else available. We were glad that was the case!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The first impression from the staff was very polite and very welcoming they even let me choose the table that I wanted to sit on not a lot of restraunts let u make a decision like this. The food is brilliant compliments to the chef . I visit a lot ov restraunt as I travel a lot but this has been the best BENGAL BALTI CHICKEN i have had, of the specials board as the waiter told me they are the most popular dishes. I have been back there 3 times now in my 1 week stay in Barmouth . The atmosphere is excellent for little restaurant.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

good helpful service, accommodated a large group of people. good vegetarian choice. went back for a second night

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having climbed Snowdon there is nothing like a well earned curry to finish off the day. We visited the Saffron having read the reasonable reviews hoping for a really great curry. When we sat down, at a nearby table were two food inspectors. Obviously not something you would expect, certainly not really professional and perhaps the most inappropriate place to hold meetings of that nature in the evening. It kind of left us wondering if the food you were being served was up to scratch?? I ordered a chicken biryani as was stunned when it came without rice? Was I missing something or is that how you really cook biryani???? The quality of the food tasted cheap and probably would taste better if you were very drunk. Drinks were well overpriced and much cheaper in the Off Licence 50 yards down the road. It was not busy and was never busy over the course of the 4 days we were there and perhaps in hindsight we should have learnt from this. They don't accept credit or debit cards only cash which is inconvenient. One to avoid at all costs.