“good food”

The Anchor
Ranked #22 of 62 Restaurants in Barmouth
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Restaurant that takes pride in the quality of the food it provides, using locally sourced produce as much as possible, making homemade soups daily along with Malaysian curry and Vegetarian options. Kim has previously run a very successful Bistro/Coffee Shop in the town for 25 years and, along with Mark who has worked in Pub Management they offer you the customer a friendly dining experience.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The fish pie was delicious. So full of seafood, and it came with veg and chips!! Too much really, but worth every penny. Also we had the chicken burger which was good, and big enough that you didn't need fries. We also had the pasta in a rocket pesto which looked so good. Prices were very reasonable. Will eat there if I ever go that way again. The decorations were quirky but effective. Staff excellent.

1  Thank milly53

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband, my three year old and I had dinner at the Anchor twice whilst staying in the area. All I can say is I can't wait to eat there again. Lovely food, setting and staff. Highly recommend.

2  Thank PaulaWoolley
Reviewed September 10, 2013

had meal with 2 friends and my wife. Fish pie great, so was the beef stroganoff. Prices good too all round a good evening out

1  Thank Stuart E
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nice food, good value, however alcoholic drinks were abit expensive. The waiting staff were brilliant.

2  Thank Hetty330
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped at The Anchor to look at the menu, not to be disappointed it was varied and looked very tempting we stopped and had a meal which was excellent, service was spot on very friendly and welcoming we liked it that much we decided to go back on our last night for another meal which again came up to our expectations it was delicious. Highly recommended

2  Thank Julie46