“Excellent”

The Anchor
Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Barmouth
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Restaurant that takes pride in the quality of the food it provides, using locally sourced produce as much as possible, making homemade soups daily along with Malaysian curry and Vegetarian options. Kim has previously run a very successful Bistro/Coffee Shop in the town for 25 years and, along with Mark who has worked in Pub Management they offer you the customer a friendly dining experience.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visit Barmouth with my family several times a year and have visited The Anchor many times. The food is excellent and staff very friendly. I'll be back again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

the food was nice and fresh with a very quick service, lovely atmosphere and quick service with friendly staff

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My Husband and I ate here one evening whilst on holiday recently. We were greeted immediately on arrival and shown to a table for two by the door. As soon as we were seated we were given menus and served for drinks by friendly waiting staff. However the food is obviously cooked to order because we waited almost an hour before our food arrived at the table, by which time we were extremely hungry and a little cold from sitting next to the open door! I must say though the food was most certainly worth the wait, it was thoroughly enjoyable! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

During a week's holiday, we ate here three times. The fish and chips were good and the steak and ale pudding very good. Both were served with mushy peas (not my taste but I know some people love them) and chips (thick and very plentiful - half would have been enough). One of the daily specials was beef stroganoff which was outstanding: tender beef, perfectly cooked rice, slightly spicy and not too creamy sauce. Mmmmmmm! The staff were helpful, friendly and professional. Having read the comments below, I would point out that the food is cooked to order, hence the wait. If you want fast food, this is not the plaice. (Misspelling intended.)

2  Thank MabelCheshire
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely family meal with my wife and 2 kids following a day at the beach. Friendly service and would recommend.