“Unlike a lot of Barmouth, this place is there for you!”
Review of The Chilli Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Putney
“Unlike a lot of Barmouth, this place is there for you!”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I like Barmouth. It is unpretentious and balanced between ugly parts and pretty parts, but after 8 p.m. there is not a lot of choice for dinner. At least the Chilli Spice, well lit and welcoming, had a few punters and a long and interesting menu.
A couple of items were "off" the menu that night, spicy poppadoms, our choice of wine, but the service was friendly and swift, and the food good. I'd recommend the Bangladeshi Fusion choices.
In a big centre with competition they'd have to make sure that they didn't run out of spicy poppadoms, but in this town, once the chippies close, you have a choice of one pretty but overpriced pub and an awful lot of empty pubs, and Chilli Spice should be treasured.

west midlands
“should have learnt our lesson first time round!”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

we first went to this restaurant Oct 2009 and maybe it was something they put in the food that made me forget how awful it was and made me suggest a takeway from there last wednesday night! my daughter had chicken makhoni which was bright yellow in colour, runny and with a very odd, sweet, artificial taste - it contained about 5 "lumps" of chicken and was quite frankly disgusting. I had chicken tikka rezalla which should be hot and containing fresh chillies - both of which were lacking, it was just ok. the other people in our group had other complaints ranging from pink chicken to rubbery popadums. i had the pickle tray costing 1.95 to have with the popadums which was 3 tiny containers, one with onion, one with mango puree and one with raita - not enough for my 2 popadums lets alone a group of 5! as one of the other reviewers said, the staff were miserable, the customers were miserable, there was no atmosphere and we had to wait 45 minutes for our takeway. while we were in there, a couple refused to pay for their food as they had been waiting as long as us and as we left, the woman was arguing with the manager - wonder how she got on?? my advice is, give this place a wide berth and head into Porthmadog instead

Walsall, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Supermarket curry has more spice than Chilli Spice”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The only spice is in the name ,went to this restaurant on the 12th August 2010 it was the worst curry me and my family have ever had the staff were miserable none of the dishes we had were spicy very bland no TASTE save your money go to the chippy instead

1 Thank Richo068
East Sussex
“Decent food and price but nothing special”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

You are quite limited for places to eat in Barmouth outside of just fish and chips. The Chilli Spice is the only Indian restaurant and take away in Barmouth at the time of writing this review and offers a pleasant restaurant to the customer, spacious and tidy.

We ordered a take away for two mains, two rice, a naan bread and bottle of beer this was reasonable at just under £20.00, similiar to your home town take away.

Disappointedly my wife had the prawn madras and was mostly sauce rather than any prawns, those that were there were clearly cheap frozen prawns considering their small size.

Recommend? Perhaps only as an alternative to other restaurants in the town

Barmouth, Wales
“Excellent food and takeaway service.”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The Chilli Spice is a vast improvement on the Sagor which it has replaced. I have used the takeaway facilities on numerous occasions. The food is always tasty. There is a large selection to choose from with varied dishes including Bangladesh fusion dishes, and the usual favourites. The staff are friendly and polite and the place is open more often than other restaurants in the town.