“Great menu choice, lovely food, good service”

The Captain's Table
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Barmouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Devon
“Great menu choice, lovely food, good service”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in Barmouth for 4 nights and ended up eating here twice so that speaks volumes! Good menu with lots of choice, excellent quality of food and great service. Maybe a little more expensive than some places in Barmouth but worth every penny.

• Visited September 2012

Milton Keynes
“Good choice”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We visited The Captain's Table 3 times during our recent stay in Barmouth. The food was excellent and well prepared and the menu had a good selection to cater for all tastes and pockets.
Only possible minus was owner allowing her little girl (about 6 or 7 years old) to help.

John & Ruth, Milton Keynes

• Visited September 2012
Coventry, England
“Good choice”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Really nice food here, puddings almost too big! Bit expensive but worth it I think. Service by Debbie was excellent. Worth booking in advance for the weekend.

Visited September 2012
St Leonards on Sea
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

All the food was well prepared and cooked. A good variety and portion size was just right for good appetites. The service was not in your face but attentive.

• Visited August 2012
Wolverhampton
“Really good food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We called in here on the off chance of getting a table as our preferred 'trip advisor' restaurant was fully booked. We were lucky enough to get a table and I am so glad we did, we both had the rib eye steak and can honestly say it was cooked to perfection, the sauces (I had a Diane sauce and my husband had the Pepper sauce) were delicious, in fact probably the best either of us have had. The desserts were just as nice, manderin cheesecake and cherry/custard tart with pouring cream, although the tart was nicer than the cheesecake. The service was good and we didn't have a long wait for the food, and they cleared the dirty plates away before too long. I think it would probably be better to book a table as there were lots of people turned away. I would definately recommend this restaurant, it's the first time I think that I have really enjoyed all food in a restaurant, all I can say is well done to the chef! I also heard someone else comment that their meal was the best they had had in a long time.

• Visited August 2012