All reviews private terrace hot tub wooden bath manager amanda dressing gowns whole building hope to return in the future high standard beautiful building amazing views star hotel wine list b and b cooked to perfection great weekend on arrival two nights
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights in the talgarreg room,it was spotless, the attention to detail was faultless,we travel alot and this place is certainly are favourite,from the minute you walk in its stunning,the owners were very friendly,we will be returning in the near future,barmouth is a lovely place,if you are looking for luxury you must try here.

1  Thank jacqjay34
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

This. Is like a 5* hotel. There is nothing that these rooms do not have. Electric closing curtains, a variety of lighting. The room we stayed in had a hot tub on our own terrace with a heater present if needed. Beach bag with beach towel supplied, dressing gowns and slippers. Better than a London Hilton Suite. The owners Richard and Sara were most welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was fantastic again like a 5* hotel. They have thought of everything. We will definitely be returning. Evening Restaurant was not open at time of our stay due to a change in staff but this did not affect our stay in anyway. Thank you Richard and Sara and to all your lovely staff. A 5* experience and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We have just returned from a two night stop at Coes Faen. I was intrigued by the overall design of the Lodge and was looking for somewhere special for my partners birthday. Well, we were not disappointed - Helen was helpful and efficient with the booking arrangements and even recommended somewhere to eat on the Monday night (as the restaurant isn't open on a Monday). We stopped in the Talgarreg room - I have never seen such attention to detail in a hotel room (and we have stopped in quite a few 5* hotels) - the switches for an array of lighting options and automatic curtain/blind opening and closing was something not expected. The terrace and hot tub a delight - helped by glorious sunshine! The breakfasts were faultless - all cooked to perfection and a great choice. All in all, a stunning conversion, if I were to be asked if the break was value for money, I would answer most definitely yes (not a cheap tariff by any means) but to stop somewhere so luxurious and different was a treat.

1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed August 4, 2016

I arranged a 2 night stay for my husbands birthday last weekend. What a wonderful surprise we had on our arrival, the location is stunning with amazing views across the estuary. The design of the building is extremely impressive and the sylish decor throughout compliments this beautifully. Dont miss the gardens too, another treat for the eyes.

We were totally impressed with the team that were our hosts during our stay, a real credit to the owners who were away at the time. In particular Alison has the special ability to be warm, professional and very efficient and Head Chef Harry, is charming and incredibly talented. He gave us the culinary treats that we hoped for, delicious breakfasts and dinner. We noticed that so much of the food available was home made - even the wholemeal breakfast muffins (Eggs Benedict) !

Since our visit my husband has said how much he enjoyed his birthday - several times.
Our stay at Coes Faen certainly made it a very happy and memorable one.

If I could suggest anything, perhaps soft background music would help to ease the quietness and slightly uncomforable feeling I had in the dining area at breakfast when you couldn't help overhearing other guests conversations?

3  Thank Lyn G
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We recently stayed at Coes Faen for 2 nights. From the minute we arrived we were impressed...Helen, the manager, came to greet us as we left our car, taking us to our room and explained various features. The room itself had everything we needed and more!!.. the large wooden bath was amazing and the views from the bedroom couldn't be beaten.
The design and ambience of the whole building is perfect for relaxation, the food both at breakfast and evening meals was excellent with a good choice and the owner's knowledge of wines and the food menu was most helpful .
The owners,Sara and Richard, were wonderful hosts.
All in all this was an amazing experience!!