All reviews fridge freezer lovely site washing up liquid picnic tables toilet block be visiting again pitch campsite gareth tent facilities collie farm dog loos newquay taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just arrived home after staying for 4 nights.we received a lovely friendly welcome however that was the only time we saw any members of staff. The price was very expensive for the time of year and there are signs up everywhere stating that dogs are to kept on leads. However there was a little collie puppy running about that belonged to the property owners without a lead and was a nucience when it came to cooking food and my brother had to go and find the owners to get him in control. There is also a lovely friendly pig that you can go and feed your food scraps to! However his home is filthy and unsafe! There metal scrapes everywhere and plastic bags scattered all through his home!! Pretty sad to see. I can imagine it being a beautiful campsite in the summer and with the pigs home cleared up. But for 4 night at the end of September to stay in a tent being charged £80 is ridiculous. I would say avoid towards the end of the camping season. Ridiculous over priced.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2019

Just arrived home from 4 night stay. 1st impressions i was a tad worried as nothing like the reviews. No sea view. Defo not 5 min walk to beach and no on site shop. BUT i have to say our views changed and wud go back here in a heartbeat. Yes its basic as on a farm but such a lovely friendly site. Massive pitches on completely flat pitch, weeding cud do with some TLC but overall a lovely site. I loved the picnic tables by ur tent, wish every site had these. Had 3 showers and loos. Basic bit clean and all u need. Had a conservatory with washing up facilities, washing machines, fridge freezer and microwave in which u can use for usy free. We had an amazing stay. Cardigan bay is lovely, we also went to Newquay and tenby which were all very beautiful. The owner Pam is very welcoming and would recommend this site to anyone. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We have stayed several times on this site over the summer, each time Gareth and Pam made us feel more than welcome, our old caravan was identical to the one owned by the owners themselves, a 1996 Rally Man and one that was showing its age, at no time did we ever feel unwanted and neither were we ever told that we were not welcome, nor would we expect to be. Pam and Gareth are very nice people and will do all that they can to offer any help or assistance when you arrive.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank homefellowship1
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week at end of July, beginning of August. We was offered choices of pitches which was lovely. The owners were friendly and helpful. The area of Wales is just beautiful and my hubby, myself and our little dog fell in love with Poppit Sands Beach, which was just down the road.
Facilities were clean, wonderful hot showers and the washing up facilities were fabulous. They were inside a building, two sinks, washing up liquid, and they even provided a kettle and fridge/freezer for those camping.
Also on site was a cabin full of information leaflets, takeaway menus, walking routes etc! Just brilliant and would 100% stay again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaz6456
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I booked to stay for 2 nights as I was working for a local charity. I drive a new defender and tow a small vintage caravan in very good condition which is painted in a Street Art style by professional Artists in muted colours. One of the images is an Owl, which was admired by the other campers onsite. (see photo attached). When I approached the owners on the 2nd day to ask about paying, I was gobsmacked by the first thing that said to me. I quote "If we had seen your caravan when you arrived we wouldn't have accepted you" and... "It is below our standards". This was before I even got a "hello". The owners were rude and unfriendly, and apparently would have turned me away from their field that had only two other people staying in.

It seems that if you do not conform to their 'standards' (whatever they are) you are not welcome. I would give this site a wide berth if you are not wealthy, middle class and look in any way outside of the "norm". I left feeling most unwelcome and will not be returning! I stay in campsites across the country all the time as i travel for work and have never been treated like this before.

Date of stay: September 2018