“Views, cove, quaint church, can be perhaps too popular”
Review of Mwnt Beach

Mwnt Beach
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Cardigan
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went mainly to see the views and the church, so cannot really comment on the beach itself, only from a distance. The view across the cove was lovely but it seemed quite busy in the water itself. The church was interesting and the views as good as suggested. I did go on a hot day in the middle of August and it was busy but parking was still possible. The drive to the beach was no worse than that to many of the Cardigan Bay coves and whilst I did not use the toilet/cafe facilities, at least there were some, which on many of the beaches are lacking. I suspect off season, the beach is beautiful but even on a crowded summer's day, it was still worth the effort.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visited Mwnt for the first time recently, a great little sandy cove that is really picturesque, (take your camera). The drive to Mwnt through very narrow lanes is a real pain, (beware of oncoming traffic). When you arrive there the car park which probably holds about one hundred cars is on a grass field and owned by the National trust, (a real gold mine for them). After paying to park the car there is still a walk down a path and steps for a couple of hundred feet to the beach, so this beach is definitely not recommended for those with walking difficulties; although the views from near the car park are still impressive. It was a sunny day when we were there, and we noticed the long queue at the ladies toilets, with all the money the National trust are taking from the car park and the toilets, you would expect them to look after their customers better, and to build sufficient w/c's to accommodate their female visitors.

2  Thank Brian W
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had previously been to New Port but was recommended this beach by some locals and I have to say it was amazing! It was almost like a foreign holiday with clean white sand and beautiful blue sea. As the bay is surrounded by cliffs there are also lots of little rock pools which the children were having lots of fun finding shrimps and little fish!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Dolphins and great views made a climb with my new walking pole well worth it. The church is worth a look at too.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was in two minds about writing this review as one of the reasons I loved the beach was that hardly anyone was there. Once people know about this hidden gem it'll end up as crowded as nearby New Quay.
Admittedly we visited on a rather damp and dull day but, nothing daunted, changed into swimsuits in the basic but perfectly adequate loos above the beach, climbed down the steps and braved the chilly waters. We shared the clean and sandy beach with about half a dozen hardy souls and the sea was all ours, apart from a distant seal swimming around.
Mention should be made of the little shop/cafe above the beach, manned (womaned actually!) by very cheerful girls who supplied delicious hot chocolate and baps to fortify us after our swim. By the time we left (around 1pm) the beach was starting to fill up so I would recommend a morning visit. Also do take a look in the little church - very plain and small but with details supplied of its fascinating history.

1  Thank Marianne C