“Curry on a boat!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We go to this curry house every year when we visit Cardigan, not only is the food delicious but the environment is lovely too! The restaurant is in an old boat set into the banks of the Teifi (it doesn't float!) I've tried a few different types of curry here and they're all delicious and their Naan breads are always so fluffy, never burnt or dry!
If you can get a table at the top end of the boat on the raised section, you get a lovely view up the river.
The service has always been good and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great food, Great service, and an amazing location. We keep coming back every time. Faultless service- Advise to book early if you want to eat.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We did not enjoy the setting at all - the old fishing boat was sunk in grey mudflats and the afternoon sun blazed through the window BUT all was forgiven when the food arrived. It was definitely some of the best Indian food I've ever had! We are vegetarian and there was an excellent range of non-meat dishes. All were good, especially the Dall Masala and vegetable curry. I would go back again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

What a surprise ! In downtown Cardigan just beyond the Co-op is one of the best Indian restaurants we have been to and it is on a ship ! Be there early or even better book. We went there on a Monday evening at 6:30 and just squeeked in. We were lucky because it is unlikely that you would find a better Indian food west of Bombay. This boat rocks (literally), if like my boyfriend you can't keep it down on a high tide make sure you check the tide tables first. Staff were friendly and work very hard, we highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went here when on a long weekend in the area for my birthday meal.

The boat certainly is unique, however, some of the seats are on a slope and I had to make hub sit with his back downwards as I couldn't reach the table and it felt weird. The table we were given didn't look out onto the river, instead my view was of the deck, two dustbins and fuel tank with a dumped fridge next to it along with the delivery guy and his kid hanging around in a car parked in front of the tanker. I really did not enjoy my view!

However - despite the view the service was impeccable and attentive, the food was divine - I ordered a vegetable sagwala and I swear it was the best one I ever had! Unfortunately for me I couldn't fit as much of it in as I'd have liked as I'd eaten a starter and I'm pregnant and there's not a lot of room in there at the moment.

So, overall, excellent foot - and book first asking for a table with a river view and you should have a lovely evening.