“A Brilliant Day”

Wild About Mull Wildlife Tours
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Sue And I booked a day with Bryan , and although the weather wasn't great , we really enjoyed the day. he picked us up from Bunessan and we found that we were the only couple on the tour.

Bryan is very knowledgeable about Mulls wild life , we saw Golden eagles, Sea eagles , otters , and a load of other birds , we also learnt how to spot the difference between certain birds , ie cormorants /shags etc .

Left to our own devices we would never had spotted the white tails / otters and other wildlife.
Could have done with a bit more lunch though .one cob all day left me a little hungry !!!

But all in all a very enjoyable day , thank you Bryan see you next year
Alan & Sue

3  Thank welshnfun

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First of all - please ignore the two poor reviews on this site. I'm not sure where these people are coming from!

We'd booked our trip with Bryan prior to our week's holiday on Mull, and went out with him on Tuesday 10 September. Not a brilliant day weather-wise, but at least it didn't rain. As other reviewers have said, Bryan knows the island incredibly well, and where to find the wildlife, but it is a two-way process, and he made it clear that we should shout up if we saw anything. After all - he is driving, and needs to concentrate!

We saw everything we hoped for: otters at the head of Loch Scridian, Sea Eagles, Red Deer, Golden Eagles, seals, and even an adder - that Bryan was very lucky to locate. I would recommend this trip whole-heartedly; you will have some lovely memories to take home with you.

4  Thank Martin J
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked a holiday to Mull some months in advance, praying for good weather and I guess timed it about as well as you could. I also booked a tour with Bryan for one of the days (25th Oct 12) not realising it was his last tour before he jetted off to Kenya on holiday, a place I'm more familiar with than Mull (and I'm Scottish!).

We arrived at the meeting place, Pennyghael Stores, right on time and Bryan introduced himself and informed us that we had the van to ourselves today.

It was a pleasure from the start to the finish and Bryan was talkative, informative and willing to go the extra mile to make the day enjoyable.

Lunch was basic but enjoyable and after being outside all morning very welcomed, if you have a bigger than average appetite I'd recommend you take something extra yourself, but we never had any issues.

Being so late in the season it really was hit and miss what we saw, but Bryan does pack scope which get you closer to the action and knows the area like the back of his hand. We were very lucky to see an Adder as well so late in the season. The Eagles were displaying well andover the course of the day we saw plenty of Buzzard, Golden Eagles, Grey Herons, Hen Harrier, Kestrel, Mountain Hare, Sparrowhawk, Red Deer, a Common Seal and an Adder. From a distance we also saw an Otter family, it would have been nice to see them closer but you can't have everything can you.

Add in the mix Great Northern Divers, Meadow Pipits and Redwings and it was a cracking day out which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We got back to the stores a little late as Bryan tried in vain to get us closer views of the Otters but we had to admit defeat in the end.

I would recommend Bryan, and Wild About Mull Tours, without reservation and will definitely pop in and say hello when I'm passing that way again.

4  Thank SafariCal
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Bryan knows the island and its wildlife like the back of his hand. He is very knowledgeable, patient and most importantly, he knows where to look for things! We saw WT eagle, adder and plenty of other birds, and had stunning views of a golden eagle carrying a mountain hare. As we were about to shoot off form the golden eagle siting, I realised that the golden eagle had landed atop a cliff and was feeding. When I mentioned this to Bryan, he readily jumped out of the van, set up the scope and we had some brilliant views of the bird. The elusive otter evaded us all day despite our best efforts, but then wildlife doesn't always oblige.

I think this trip is great value and I would highly recommend it if you are interested in wildlife and have at least a day to spend.

2  Thank Poorav
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Despite pretty horrible weather - rain and wind - we saw absolutely everything that we wanted to see, from eagles to otters, and a very nice seal. Bryan knows the island very well and was genuinely disappointed that the weather conditions did not work in our favour, and tried everything to ensure we cold make the best out of our day. A strong reccomendations with just one caution: bring your own water - and some food if you need more than a sandwich as the day can be very long otherwise!

2  Thank whiterabbitjb