“Try their home made cakes...”
Review of Tea by the Sea - CLOSED

Tea by the Sea
Cuisines: British
Description: Ross-Shire IV26 2UJ 0843 259 4021
Description: Ross-Shire IV26 2UJ 0843 259 4021
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Situated on the seafront in Ullapool. Very cosy cafe with delicious home cooking and interesting bric-a-brac in the shop.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I ventured to Ullapool one blustery and very cold day from Inverness. Once off the bus I had to buy a woolen hat and a fleece vest. Then I came into this cosy cafe to have a hot drink. The hosts were so welcoming, as were other customers, who seemed more like friends and family. There was a cabinet of beautiful silver jewellery. After standing in front to take a look, I was asked to sit down and given a whole box of rings to try by myself. So I stayed there for a long time, sheltered from the cold, bought two lovely silver rings for my daughters (mailed right away to them in other parts of UK from the also very friendly Ullapool Post Office), had a delicious soup with cheese and bread, and also a good chat, even though I was a complete stranger from the other end of the earth.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

the location on the sea front is lovely as you can sit out when the weather is nice, the home made cakeswere excellent and the choice of drinks very good. i.e. there are different teas to choose from etc. Also good value for money.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Whilst on holiday in Ullapool I visited "Tea by the Sea" a couple of times. On both occasions i found the welcome to be warm, friendly and chatty. I was alone the first time and was pleasantly suprised that they made a genuine effort to make conversation with me. Some tea shops i've visited just dont seem to be interested in their customers once they've made a purchase. The exact opposite is true here. The cakes are excellent in their own right and the tea / coffee is just right to wash it all down. The secondd time i went in I was with a friend who was lactose intolerant so couldn't the cake so the lady disappeared into the back and knocked up a fruit salad instead for my friend. Very thoughtful and ten out of ten for service. There are also plenty of souvenirs to choose from which have been gathered on their travels while the shop's closed in the winter.

1  Thank Bowlander
Reviewed May 16, 2012

What stood out for me was the warmth that each customer received from the hosts. This was so welcoming and genuine is was lovely to see how everyone coming in responded so positively as a result. Excellent hosts, a lovely shop, and a simple menu with really tasty homecooked food. We visited twice!

1  Thank FamilyWhytock