“Average”

Ferry Boat Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferry Boat Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Ullapool
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ordered steak pie and macaroni, both served with chips and veg. Steak pie had terrible cuts of meat, very fatty and grisly, and the couple of decent pieces there were were tough. Flavour was nice and the veg was nicely cooked but basically paid for chips and gravy.

Macaroni looked good but was typically over cooked and also the pasta was under seasoned.

3  Thank Mcscotty

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This little bar is a haven for tourists! The food is excellent, and the night I was there there was a group playing traditional Scottish music. Great fun.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived on a very busy night. Staff were run off their feet. But were pleasant an attentive. Food superb. Had a long wait (probably best to book). But were warned this may be the case. Had a bottle of wine and comfy seat. It was well worth the wait.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good food well presented basic cafeteria/restaurant interior service excellent. Miss the old pub style from way back.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

There is a nice atmosphere in the bar part of the restaurant. We stumbled across this restaurant on Day 1 of our hols thinking that it looked a good place to grab some dinner. The place was packed but we were served very quickly. The menu was great with local specialties and the chicken stuffed with haggis and the Cullen Skink was excellent. The next Day we went back and I ordered the chicken stuffed with Haggis (since I droolled over my Hubby's dish the day before). The dish was exactly the same on the menu but what I got was totally different. No whisky in the cream and literally just a chicken breast with no haggis. I did complain and was told that the chef would be notified. My complaint was not followed up and no discount for my meal (which I didn't finish as it wasn't great) was offered. A band came on later and our dirty places were not cleared away form our small 2-person table for over 1.5 hours after we had finished. In all, I don't think I would go back despite the good experience on our first visit.

1  Thank Cambs_Running_Bear