“Nice welcoming Owners however dated appearance”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ullapool
Eilean Donan Guesthouse
Ranked #15 of 46 Ullapool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Was cheap but only slightly less than normal

Squeeze in beside the boat in parking lot,

Glad we didnt have our truck.

Clean room however feels dated with wallpaper peeling off, small tv, interesting bathroom finishings.

Good breakfast to start a day off.

Nice host and service

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night and found the room not to be the newest or greatest but warm and welcoming. The landlord family was very friendly and helped us with recommendations for our evening in Ullapool. Breakfast was made to order and was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Path F
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Generally a very good stay, in November, when the value was good. I was a single traveller on business on this occasion, and I asked for a room with an en-suite bath, rather than shower, and was allocated such a room, which was a bonus for me! The proprietor was very welcoming and helpful. Free Wi-fi interent access was advertised, but it did not seem to be available in the evening - I had to resort to my Vodafone dongle. It was avialable next morning. A face flannel was missing in the en-suite facilities, but face flannels are often not provided as standard in many B&Bs and hotels in the UK, which always strikes me as a pity. The breakfast menu was good, and there was reasonable choice. However, there was a lack of much choice of cereals at breakfast, which was a pity, and also I could see no fresh fruit available at breakfast, which I think should be a standard provision in this day and age when healthy eating is being encouraged. The heading that this B&B is listed in 'Tripadvisor' as Guesthosue and Restaurant is misleading, as there was no sign of a restaurant!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you speak to the proprietor before confirming a booking, and ask what rooms and...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank M G
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We spent 4 days in Ullapool and really enjoyed our time at this guesthouse. Good-sized room and bathroom; great breakfast and a warm welcome. Very central for Ullapool - but it's not a very big place. Happy to return here!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank annamtv
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I had booked this Guesthouse in February '09 to stay in August '09. In my mail I asked for the reservation, indicating exactly arrival/departure dates and asking for confirmation. The booking was confirmed by mail as per my request.

Pity that as we arrived they just did not find my reservation anymore. By chance they still had a room free for one night, which meant that we had to move again for the second night somewhere else. Unfortunately Mrs Mc Rae also tried to find some excuse as it was my fault if the room was not reserved, as they would have expected a confirmation from my side (sorry?!?).

Finally as we came back in the evening, we were told that they found for us another guesthouse, which turned up not to be as clean and nice as this one, but (with no surprise) had the same price. Mr Mc Rae apologized for what had happened, which was the thing to do on the very first place in the morning. I also would have expected some discount on the rate or something of the like for the inconvenience, but nothing came.

Pity, coz the breakfast with scrambled egg and local salmon was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Very nice and clean rooms. Professionally run guest house with good service.
The chip shop by the harbour can be recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reisender34
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed here after we arrived on the late afternoon ferry from Stornoway, in advance of a long drive 'across the top of Scotland' the following day.

If you don't fancy the wander into town to try and find somewhere to eat (there are several restaurants in town) then try the dinner menu in the restaurant... the food really is excellent with a good choice of local produce. Try the crannachan for dessert - fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mj1260
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ullapool
Caledonian Hotel
#7 of 46 in Ullapool
The Ferry Boat Inn
The Ferry Boat Inn
#42 of 46 in Ullapool

Been to Eilean Donan Guesthouse? Share your experiences!