I visited Chez Roux at Greywalls for my grandmother's 80th birthday. While I can't comment on the hotel itself, the service and food truly were excellent.
From the moment we arrived, staff were helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. The surroundings are comfortable and luxurious, without being ostentatious, and the general ambiance is classy without being overly exclusive.
It was the food we were here for, and it didn't disappoint. The Souffle Suissesse truly was to die for and similar compliments were to be heard from the rest of our party. Throughout the meal, service was unintrusive, professional and knowledgeable. The touch of the chef coming to meet the "birthday girl" at the end of the meal was a truly wonderful touch and really added a special element to what was already a special meal.
Really lovely restaurant in beautiful surroundings, would definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland