It's always a treat to visit the beautiful Lutyens house that is Greywalls. On this occasion we were there for an Easter Sunday lunch with Grandma. As previously, we were ushered into an elegant, book-lined, lounge to fire our tastebuds with a dram of Ardbeg and to listen to the ivories being tinkled by an accomplished pianist (piano was slightly less in tune than our aperitifs it must be said). The meal in the Roux-managed restaurant was a triumph. I can't now remember what others chose, but my leek salad and 'panko' egg was marvellous and the roast beef that followed was equally well judged. Dessert involved sea-salt caramel ice-cream and tarte-tatin. What could have been nicer? The wine list too is a thing of beauty, featuring several bottles of note that do not require mortgage discussion. Service was excellent across the board and a post-prandial wander in the Jekyll-designed garden blew away the cobwebs a treat. We hope to be able to re-visit Greywalls many times again. Each visit is a joy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland