I have wanted to stay here for a few years, and absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. We spent a night here in between christmas and new year and can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at.
We booked afternoon tea for our arrival. Our table was set up in the library right beside the fire which was lovely and relaxing after a long drive. We received a menu with the different selections of teas and coffees and were able to order whatever we wanted. The selection of treats was amazing, and everything was delicious, way too much for us to finish since we were having dinner later.
After tea we were then shown to our Cottage Room which was located at the entrance to the hotel drive. The room was a lovely size, with a connecting hall to a nice big bathroom. There were robes and slippers supplied, and molton brown toiletries. My only criticism would be that as these rooms are located a little bit away from the hotel you have to walk up and down the drive. This isnt a problem except for the fact that it is very mucky when wet. My suitcase, boots and shoes were covered in orange muck which isn't great. I couldnt wear my satin shoes to dinner at night or they would have been ruined.
We had a lovely evening meal chosing to dine from the A la Carte Menu, but there was also another cheaper menu available. The staff were attentive without being intrusive, and the food was delicious and decent sized portions. The apple sorbet in the 4 apple dessert plate was amazing. After dinner we headed back to the library to enjoy our drinks beside the fire.
Although the weather wasn't great when we were there, I can imagine the grounds must be beautiful in summer. There are beautiful views out to sea.
I would say most definately that the best thing about this hotel is the staff. From the warm welcome we received, to the friendly check out when leaving, everyone is keen to make sure you are enjoying your stay. We will definately return for a summer visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland