“Pretty good”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Huntington, West Virginia
“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place,even though I'm skeptical of Tex-mex but it was pretty good. It could have had some more flavor but it was good. Our service was a little slow, However there was only one waitress and some demanding tables. She also didn't seem good at the computer but we could tell she was trying. Our food came out quickly and was correct. It is a loud place that is in the middle of Maho night life..... Which wasn't our kind of sitting but it was still ok. It would be more take out food for my family..... But if you don't mind the loudness and the night life it would be great! Overall was a good dinner!!!! Thanks

Visited July 2014
jay b, Manager at 3 Amigos, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the positive review. It's very important to us that your meal is one of the most memorable while in St Maarten. The place can get loud when our restaurant is still open for dinner between the hours of 10-11pm as the DJ starts playing for the night crowd at 10 pm . We apologize for the noise and hope to see you guys real soon. Perhaps between 11 am - 10pm :)

• Hungarian first
State College, Pennsylvania
“Awesome place to hang out at night”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been vacationing in St. Maarten for my entire life and let me start off by saying 3 Amigos is the place Maho needed to spice up the nightlife. Before 3 Amigos there weren't many places as wild and fun to hang out at night. I ate there twice for dinner and the food and service were both great and reasonably priced. However, after 10pm is when Amigos is in its prime. The bartender Max was absolutely amazing! I went to the bar almost every night of my vacation and I have to say he's the reason the bar is so lively and fun. Between making great drinks and doing awesome tricks he always kept my friends and me entertained! I don't think it would be anywhere near as fun there without him! We definitely need a bartender like him back in the states!

The only reason I didn't give this place a 5 star rating is because the other bartender with all of the tattoos is not as friendly and came off as kind of rude. We avoided the bar on nights when he was working for that reason.

• Visited July 2014
Dongen, The Netherlands
“fiesta fiesta !!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Two weeks a go I visited SXM with two of my friends. Our waiter from moomba recommended to visit 3 amigos on Tuesdays, since they're having a special 2 for 1 party every Tuesday.
We went early and had dinner at the bar. Our bartender was Brian and he really knows how to take care of his customers. We never had to ask for a next drink and he took the time to explain the menu. We ordered some nachos to share and after that we had a burrito each. The burritos are really heavy with a lot of stuffing and cheese.
After dinner our bellies were full so we were ready for the party. At about 10pm another bartender came in and started to do his show. He was making awesome shots and juggled with bottles. We ordered a round of fireball shots and the bartenders lit the bar-top on fire, we have amazing pictures from our visit to 3amigos, and a lot of good memories!
If you like to party and have fun for a very reasonable price, 3 amigos is the place to be on Tuesdays!

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fun place to grab some drinks and dance”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I went here a couple times during our stay. I am pretty sure it was recently opened (the past year) because I do not remember it on our last trip. They generally have a DJ and there is a small dance floor so we took it upon ourselves to bring the party a few nights which was a lot of fun. It is open air too which is nice. I did not try the food but the drinking and atmosphere was fun.

Visited July 2014
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Skip it and go to Jimbos”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food was okay, but nothing special. If I had spent about half what I did, I would have been satisfied, but instead I left feeling cheated. The rum punch was also overpriced and did not contain very much alcohol. This was our first dinner on the island and we found that every other choice we made was better than 3 Amigos.

• Visited July 2014
jay b, Manager at 3 Amigos, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello,

Sorry you did not feel like the rum punch was of value we do have a variety of rums that go into a rum punch. if you ordered our Aruba Rum punch that has 6 different rums and is served in a 14 oz Mason Jar. If in the future you are ever disappointed with how our bartenders mix your drinks feel free to ask and we will make it as strong as want.