Tripadvisor
Maho
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best meal of the week!”

JAX Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Maho
Description: New American Steakhouse and Cocktail bar. Enjoy a meal fit for a king or just have a craft cocktail by our world class bar. A simple and unwavering commitment to great food , service, and a perfectly cooked steak. Welcome to JAX, the table is set.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you for an outstanding meal! Just left the restaurant, and can not find a criticism. My husband and I both work in high end American hotel restaurants and we both agreed, service was flawless and very attentive, without being unfriendly, we noticed excellent teamwork by the service staff. Food was fabulous, plentiful, decorative and down right delicious. Kudos to Marcos and the rest of the team, including the pleasant young lady server from NY!
We will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Marnix P, Manager at JAX Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good evening,

Thank you for dining with us at JAX and for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and received excellent service.
I will definitely share your kind words with the team to let them know they are doing a great job.
We're already looking forward to your next visit.

Marnix

Write a reviewReviews (271)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sorry we missed you Marnix but Jerald was wonderful. We had some stout drinks while we decided on dinner from your menu. Three different steaks made perfectly the way we ordered. Your veggies were cooked just right and the side sauces were yummy. Jax would be a 5 star restaurant back home in NYC. Bravo to the best restaurant in MAHO. We will be back. Reservations needed

1  Thank sudsy072018

Good evening,

Thank you for visiting us at JAX and for taking the time to write us such a beautiful review.
I'm sorry I missed you guys, but I'm glad Gerald took good care of you.
Thank you for the compliments on the dinner, I will definitely share your kind words with our kitchen team to let them know they're doing a great job.
We're already looking forward to your next dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I do live in sxm and yes Jax is the place that never disappoints. Best team. Great management and simply perfect.please make sure you have Jax as part of your beautiful memories on our gorgeous rock. Don’t forget to ask Gabriel for negroni while getting ready for your amazing experience ‍♀️

Good evening,

Thank you for your loyal patronage and for taking the time to write us such a lovely review.
We're honored JAX is one of your favorite places on our beautiful island.
Thank you for the special mention of Gabrielle's negroni.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My island vacation wouldn't be complete without trying the well known JAX Steakhouse & Cocktail bar. Both the front and back of the house were exceptional! This was haute cuisine without being pretentious, simply delicious on all levels

Started with a tasty libation
Just had to try their signature cocktail, the Jax Martini (Ketel One Vodka, fresh ginger, mint, lime, passionfruit and simple syrup).

Appetizers:
• Tuna tartar: avocado, sesame seeds and sweet chili truffle essence
• Truffle Angel: angel hair, truffle butter with fresh truffle.**I'D EAT THIS ALL DAY!!

Main: 12oz New York strip served with seasonal vegetables.

Dessert: Raspberry mille-feuilles: flaky puff pastry with vanilla custard cream and fresh raspberries, served with raspberry coulis.

Because I'm all about over indulgence, I couldn't resist asking the kitchen for more truffle pasta for my REAL dessert. They were so sweet and served the pasta in this cute cast iron pan. Catering to guests like this, is what I deem, service at a very high level!!
Our waiter, Marco (I hope I have the correct name) was very knowledgable and friendly.
I definitely recommend eating at this high caliber eatery when on the beautiful island of Saint Maartin.

Date of visit: January 2020
Marnix P, Manager at JAX Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting us at JAX Steakhouse & Cocktail bar and for taking the time to write us such a raving review.
I'm very glad you enjoyed your dinner from beginning to end and experienced the service we strive for.
It was our pleasure to serve the truffle angel hair pasta as your real dessert, we saw how much you loved it as an appetizer.
I will share you review with our kitchen- and front of house team to let them know they made your night memorable and they are doing an amazing job.
Thank you very much for the great photos you shared with us and we hope to see you again at JAX soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service here is fantastic. The greeting is warm and the servers are attentive. The steak was flavorful and the Mac & cheese was terrific. In the US, this restaurant would be a solid 4. But for the Dutch side, it’s a 5!

Good evening Melainie,

Thank you for visiting JAX and for taking the time to write us a review here on TripAdvisor.
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.