Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Hotels.com
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$89
$185
$150
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
$94
  • Pool
Belmond La Samanna(Terres Basses)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
4,164 results
All reviewsmaho beachascot pubpool barpalm grillplanes landingcolin kingmullet bayclose to the airportst maartenpoint restaurantpool viewgreat baygreat vacationfun to watchsister hotelfamily vacationall inclusive package
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Strongly recommend this resort for both official conferences and accompanying private accommodation. Excellent quality of services of Carla and Bianca and their staff. The hosting of 70 delegates from 20 countries during 5 days appeared to be almost no challenge at all. This strongly contributed to a very successful Meso American and Caribbean Sea Hydrographic Conference. Comfortable seating with sufficient multi media support and excellent food and drinks from 0800 AM till 1900 PM. Especially the combination of business with the 'all inclusive' private arrangements in this hotel are a guarantee for balanced formal and informal communications.The staff is very flexible and pragmatic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Administrator0813, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and we are elated that your conference and accommodation may have exceeded your expectations and was very successful. We also thank you for your recommendation and look forward to hosting you and your conference members once again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

this resort was nice, had a bit of an issue with check in that wasn't very nice but after that all was good.
I strongly suggest renting a car and travelling around the island and go to all there beaches.

Room Tip: if you have children ask to be in a room away from street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for your review and we are happy that you had a great stay with us though you had an issue at check-in. Our staff really tries to accommodate all guests to ensure that they have a wonderful vacation. We do look forward to welcoming you to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hello fellow travellers! My fifth review I believe and this time I am giving one out to the families with kids....so you single people with party-like tendancies...move on!

So my wife and I went to this resort five years ago and loved it then and decided, why not bring the kids as our 19 month old loves planes! (No explanation needed if you know what I mean) For those that dont know...the airport runway runs right by the resort and is famous.

So with a 10 year old and 19 month old in tow I give this resort.

FOOD: I love the food there and there is a different variety all the time, the last night (Thurs) there was the BBQ which was amazing. The baby loves pineapple and one day they had a different selection of fruits (no pineapple) but went so far as to return with a little plate for bayy-beee. (I find they really take care of kids on a personal scale FYI)

STAFF: Hit and Miss here guys. Some really great and some just so-so as not even saying good evening or good morning. But then again the great ones like the housekeeper who went out of her way to do our room ahead of time on her row of rooms because of the childrens needs was sweet.

They now have a kids club opened and the same staff that do entertainment also help out (holy full days for them!!) Giving a special shout out to Sonya at the kids club. Loves kids and it shows, very personable and a great addition to the Maho!

Second great shout out to Carla the Customer service manager and how she went out of her way to accomodate us on our last day with regards to the children/accomodations and a late flight. Its these things that stand out and make one want to come back again!

PROPERTY

Where is situated has pros and cons so be aware and gauge accordingly when selecting your room. Keeping in mind the resort is getting "dated"...it is still well maintained. However the filtration pump was running on our arrival and provided a lot of noise so we were moved to the section of the far side of the resort facing the beach area. Problem with that is the "Boom-Boom-Boom" from the nightclub on Friday-Sat-Sunday reaaaaly got to me and my wife. Had to turn the air on full to drown it out.
Hint: If you want quiet make sure you let them know to not place you facing the beach, the opposite side would have been nicer (yea I think maybe 3 nights good sleep only for me)

Having the beach is nice for the kids and my 10 year old had a blast as did the 19 month old.

+++I had an opportunity to speak to the older Italian "Director" or "Manager" sorry name escapes me. But he is aware of the dated issues. The kids club was a priority and was the first thing on a list of many to be done around the resort so they are aware and I believe within three years it will get a nice facelift"..after all its St. Maarten!

Shopping in Philipsburg is amazing and my wife left me and the kids and went back a second time to shop.

CASINO is great. if you play hold em as I do. MAKE SURE you get there at 9 as the one table will fill fast! on weekends its busier to 2/3 tables

SUMMARY

A wonderful family vacation was what I wanted and I wanted to relax (not with a good book this time as I was pulled from either sides to play) but nonetheless I would return in a heartbeat with family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chris123Mississauga

Dear Valued Guest,
We are very happy that you and your family had such a wonderful stay at our resort and we thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience while staying with us. We do look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Maho a week in November because we found a great deal online. The staff was fantastic, very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were average, but very clean. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room very clean and well stocked throughout the week. (we had 3 full 1 liter bottles of alcohol, plus pop, water and beer)
We were quite disappointed to realize that there was only one a la carte restaurant and the menu there did not change at all through the week. That being said we ate there 3 times and both the service and food were exceptional. The food at the buffet was very good and they change it up daily so we didn't get bored.
Sandra at the Buffet was phenomenal. We travelled with a larger group and she always had a table set up for us, and made sure we were well taken care of. We also loved amazing Spanish coffee and the gentleman who made them (I'm sorry I didn't get his name) but he was fantastic, always singing and oh so happy. He made our mornings. The staff here works very hard and long hours. We made sure to tip well and it was apparent that it was appreciated.
But...We did not like being harassed by the ladies on the beach for an aloe massage. To be fair most of them were very respectful and nice, but there was one who was pushy, disrespectful and a slob.
The pop was always flat and the drinks were ridiculously strong. We learned to always ask for weak drinks.
All in all we had a great trip and would return, if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CrazyCanux

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and we have noted your comments and observations. We are very happy that you had a wonderful vacation during your recent stay with us as our staff works very hard to ensure that all guests have a pleasant stay. We do hope that you will visit us in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to St Maarten with my Dad and a few friends went separately of who we occasionally met up with for a meal or drink. I'm a nervous flyer so landing in St Maarten was very scary for me! Maho Resort was just around the corner from the airport 5min drive...best bet is to catch a cab rather than wait for a shuttle it won't cost very much and you want to beat the rush of people coming off the plane going to your hotel to check in. We had ordered 2 double beds but ended up with a king size bed with a balcony overlooking the ocean and a giant/loud water filtration station. We didn't complain as we barely spent any time sleeping there is so much to do and we were only there for 7days. We barely ate at the all inclusive breakfast as the options were bad and numerous times I found my yogurt being expired by over a month. Dining during the evening was a little better the food taste great with BBQ right on the beach and a really fun crab race. The location of the hotel was great all the restaurants, bars and shopping was very close. Te stay was delightful all in all. On the way home, everyone who caught our flight home and stayed at our hotel was SO SICK...little kids puicking in the lobby of the airport, adults running back and forth to bathrooms and using their puik bags on the flight. Obviously there was something they are or drank that made them sick and for this I am so happy I only are 2 meals at the hotel and drank bottles water.

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank CubaGirl0303
Administrator0813, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We have read your review and wish to advise that the safety and health of our guests are of utmost priority. Our yoghurt is purchased from Europe and, as such the expiration date on these products are written day/mth/yr and can be misinterpreted as expired. We have no record of guests being ill during the time of your stay. We do hope that you will visit us in the future and your stay will be a more pleasant one.