“Great Food”
Review of Bamboo

Bamboo
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Maho
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bamboo is an urban industrial feeling restaurant decorated with Asian design elements, and offering a contemporary menu of Latin and Asian-inspired menu items. Bamboo has a world-class Sushi Bar, described in many publications and reviews as New York-style Sushi with a Caribbean twist. To top it off, Bamboo also features a fun, young, and dynamic bar and lounge area known as the Buddha Lounge, where our bartenders are itching to entertain. A resident DJ spins classic funk, soul, electro and lounge music on the weeknights which keeps the place buzzing until late. We serve food late into the night. Reservations are strongly encouraged, especially during high season.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Now called Bamboo.. Went for our last meal on island.. too bad we did not find it first! Sushi was 8 out of 10. Service was fast and promt. Had the Japanese Tacos, Sushi and the Grilled Mahi all were fantastic. Portions are good for price. Must also say the Drinks are great too.. Had Best Mojito to date in our 15 days on the island.

There are newer reviews for Bamboo

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times over my visits to St Maarten. The sushi is comparable to what I've had in Japan but the service is very slow.

I've sat at the bar every time I've eaten here and the service seems extremely slow when there are 3 bartenders behind the bar and the bar maybe seats 20 people. I know they are making drinks for the entire restaurant but still seems slow compared to other places I've been around the world with more seating at a bar. An exams of this it took almost 2O minutes for me to get a caffee latte.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The dragon roll is a must. Just be prepared to wait an extremely long time for your drinks. Food makes it worth the wait though.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you like sushi then Happy Hour in Maho then Bamboo Bernies is the place to be from 5 to 7. A very well priced list of drinks and food, enough for dinner.....

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Need a reservation around Regatta time. We were lucky to be seated immediately on one visit and had a reservation the next time. Good, consistent sushi. Good (but heavier) tempura and good noodle choices as well. We were happy with each of our trips there.