“Welcome relief after a long long drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crown Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castle Douglas
Crown Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Castle Douglas
Portishead, United Kingdom
“Welcome relief after a long long drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I visited The Crown Hotel at the end of a week in the Scottish Highlands. I'd just come over the Erskine bridge when I lost all sense of direction and ended up travelling into Dunfries and Galloway. Having never seen the area I decided to carry on. At the end of a long trip I ended up in Castle Douglas looking for good food, company and a warm bed. I found all of these at the Crown. The Rib Eye steak was perfectly cooked and great quality with peppered mushrooms and a mountain of crunchy chips and light fluffy centres. Ale on the bar was drank and even got adopted into one of the locals pub quiz teams for the evening. I couldn't ask for a better end to the day. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mirski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and would happily stay again and for longer. The staff make you feel completely at home and I always felt they would do anything for me and at any time - the relaxed atmosphere made the hotel feel cosy and friendly even if the weather tried otherwise!

Cannot review without raving about the food in both quantities and value and quality

Will be back as soon as possible - thanks again to the team!!

• Stayed September 2012
Largs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and myself had 3 great days at this wonderful hotel.All meals were FIRST CLASS the bar was Oh so friendly. Colin, Alexa and Sarah treated us like long time friends as did all the staff.We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for what you need
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Recently had a holiday in Castle Douglas staying at the Crown Hotel. Collin and Alexa are fantastic hosts very friendly and welcoming as were all the staff "Sarah is a treasure" I would certainly like to go back, the rooms were clean and fresh and the food was very good and plenty of it, very good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for room 7 it has a huge bay window at the front
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 704MARGARET
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Two girl friends and I booked in at the Crown Hotel last weekend when we were visiting Castle Douglas for a wedding. We stayed in the family room (room 7) which was bright and airy with lovely bathroom including decent shower. The owners and staff could not have been more accommodating - there wasn't a hairdryer in the room and when we enquired about one, a member of staff went home and got her own for us to borrow overnight! After a fabulous wedding we arrived back in the wee small hours and although the bar was closing, they served our group drinks until we were ready for bed. Safe to say it was a rather slow start the next day but we were treated to a tasty, hearty breakfast that had us feeling tip top in no time. What's more, it is INCREDIBLE value for money! I could not fault the Crown Hotel - I hope to find an excuse to return to Castle Douglas again soon so I can enjoy another night in this fabulous place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cath R
Birmingham, United Kingdomingham, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Recently stopped at Hotel, made more than welcome by everyone. Food excellent, breakfast and evening meal. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this Hotel as great value for money, lovely atomosphere and a warm welcome.

I will definately be staying again and will recommend the Hotel to friends and family.

Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and providing me with a lovely place to stay for my holiday.

Francis
Birmingham

Room Tip: As the rooms are located within a Hotel and in the Centre of Castle Douglas you would expect a certa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great find in castle Douglas, extremely nice landlord and land lady, good pub with spacious clean rooms above. Didn't eat at the hotel in the evening but wished I had after sampling the fantastic breakfast. Will definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone. I reckon it's the best value for money hotel I've ever stayed in. Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 7
#1 of 1 in New Galloway
Bank of Fleet Hotel
Bank of Fleet Hotel
#2 of 3 in Gatehouse of Fleet

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!