“sun holiday”

and 1 more site!
Auchenlarie Holiday Park
Reviewed April 3, 2014

we only stayed a few days with my other half and my two teenagers. caravan was very clean as well as the site. Was lovely to see wildlife (rabbits) running around site.
Everyone on this site was very friendly and helpful and just made the experience more relaxing.
There is plenty to do if you want to travel around, the mull of Galloway being a lovely scenic place to visit. Weather was not brilliant but they do have on site entertainment which a nice change.
Would go back there if ever wanting to stay in Scotland again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Auchenlarie Holiday Park

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I suprised my partner with a long weekend away to Auchenlarie Holiday Park. We had a Gold caravan in the blue zone. It was a brilliant caravan. Plenty of space. Plenty of amenities amd equipment for cooking etc. The on site facilities are great. Swimming pool is open from 10am. Although I wish it was open from 9am just for adults so we dedicated swimmers can get our swim in before the kids come. We ate at the bistro every night and had something different every day. Everything was lovely. Although I never had a dessert because I seen someone next to me get sticky toffee pudding which was just microwaved. Put me off. The only thing I could fault was the mattress wasnt the comfiest. Could have been better. We had a fantastic time. Weather was great. Staff were lovely. Will 100% be back. :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

this is the second time i have visited the site and once again i loved it.
the staff were very helpful and polite the site is well laid out
the caravan was clean and well equipped, the facilities like the club and the sports bar were superb, the swimming pool and gym were clean no complaints at all
the only snag was when you went to the beach there was a bit of an eyesore with stack of old decking wood and assorted pallets stacked into a heap with a small amount of rubbish which was falling down the cliff face towards the beach/rocks
would definitely book another long weekend or even longer next time

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I and another couple stayed in galloway cottages courtyard 1, and it was fab, spotless clean, very well equipped with all you need including fresh bread, tea and coffee to get you started. Room great, my husband is 6ft 4 and slept comfortable in bed, hot tub and views were great. Highly recommend and would stay again. Staff very helpful and sports bar a good atmosphere, mark behind bar was great. Food in bistro was good and a pleasant atmosphere. Overall very happy

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Aliflove
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Returning to Auchenlarie was exciting as many years ago my grandparents owned a van there and I grew up having fabulous holidays onsite, with so many excellent memories I was ever so excited to take my own children now aged 6 and 3! I can say I was not let down!

Arrived 14th March after securing a sun holiday deal, which was fantastic value and I will be definitely booking direct very soon for another memory making holiday.

Caravan was a bronze but was extremely clean and suited our needs due to young children!

Entertainment for being low season was fantastic and thank-you to the entertainment manager, he personally kept us tickets for willy Wonka event which was total value for money! He made us feel like a owner not a stranger!

Big congratulations to the company they have maintained and improved the bars, leisure suite and the park in a whole to a very high standard which made our long weekend a very pleasurable experience!

Was so nice seeing Ian McGowan bar manager again, he was his usual "chatty smiling" self.. No he was just the same old Ian!

Overall for value for money, entertainment and activities for kids it was fantastic.

I would say compared to the competitive larger holiday resort companies the swalwell holiday group have got caravan holidays perfected!

Thanks again for making my family holiday so memorable!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Emma Y
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting Auchenlarie for the best part of 40 years, beginning with a family holiday in a tent way back in the '70s, before we sited a tourer here permanently through the '80s and early '90s and more recently renting statics.

I keep going back because I love this part of Scotland so much. It really is stunning.

I've seen a lot of changes over the years at Auchenlarie and it just seems to get better and better each time I go. The latest change, to the site shop, is particularly welcome.

On my most recent visit a couple of weeks ago, I was initially disappointed with the van which I had been allocated as it was close to the busy A75, but the staff were more than happy to move me to a lovely van in the Blue zone right by the sea which was delightful.

The food in the bistro is very good, and I have to give a special mention to Davy and Lindsay who do a sterling job of entertaining every night in the Sports Bar (even if they do pressure me into singing Karaoke)

I can't wait for my next visit.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hi I visited the caravan park for the weekend and was disappointed with the facilities for children!!! The main park was closed and the 'zone' closed at 6pm!! Nothing for the children to do following this time! The main hall is accessible however the children have to be quiet during bingo then are discouraged from being on the dance floor when the act is on!!! Overall disappointed as the park claims to be aimed at families!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise R
JackieSwal, Public Relations Manager at Auchenlarie Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your comments regarding the children's entertainment is somewhat contrasting with so many other reviewers. The facility opening times is determined by the occupancy levels. On this occasion we appear to have got it wrong, but then again it may just be a case of being unable to please everyone. Our park is very much family orientated and we try our best to cater for all ages. Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Douglas
#3 of 4 in Creetown
Star Hotel
Star Hotel
#1 of 1 in Twynholm

Been to Auchenlarie Holiday Park? Share your experiences!