“Merrick Indian Restaurant, Castle Douglas”
Review of Merrick

Merrick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A great little Indian restaurant - good service, tasty food! We are looking forward to going back and experiencing the Banquet nights!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant - great personalised service, an extensive menu and consistently flavoursome and authentic Indian food. They are able, and more than willing, to make vegetarian alternatives if requested as well which is great! It's a place I've been to number of times, both recently and a couple years ago, and I would happily and confidently state that this is the best Indian restaurant in town.

I feel I should add given some of the other reviews... Don't be deceived by the appearance of the place! The food speaks for itself!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been to many, many Indian restaurants as it's our favourite cuisine, and Merrick has to be one of my absolute favourites. A bunch of us from work visited and were thoroughly impressed, from the minute the owner greeted us right until we left the building, I'm quite annoyed at reading other people's comments i.e. criticising the OUTSIDE of the building..?? Really?? Isn't the TASTE of the FOOD more important than what the OUTSIDE looks like? That is just very childish. I was pleasantly surprised at the whole experience. I like to compare dishes to other restaurants and so I loved the butter chicken here and is on par with some excellent restaurants that I've been to.

The young waiter is LOVELY, we were sure to give him extra tips, he was a delight.

Overall, I would 100% come back to Castle Douglas JUST to come and eat here. Yum.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Return visit tonight after first one a year ago whilst on hols.
Not disappointed by the food. It was lovely. Which is High praise coming from people from Dewsbury which has so many excellent Indian restaurants. The naans are freshly made and are beautiful.
The decor and facilities are naive but this adds to the charm. The family are warm and welcoming.
Will definitely return another time.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good Food, Will be happy to adapt things for vegetarians. Good and friendly service. I love the food here.