We initially stayed at the Hotel in June whilst visiting the area however we enjoyed it so much that we have just been back for 3 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday - her choice and I must say I was surprised as we normally go across to Europe.
The first thing that should be mentioned is that it is not the appearance and the interior that makes this a fantastic place to stay - it's the staff who work there and the owners (Sarah & Steve). Special mention to Kenny - Bar Manager - he made us feel so very welcome and he has a fantastic personality, nothing is too much trouble for him and we loved the way he absolutely adored our dog (Kia). Kenny you are amazing - thank you for everything. Also thanks to Leisa, Fiona and Kirsty - you all made our stay so fantastic and the attention you gave Kia was very much appreciated.
The Hotel is not modern and could do with some touching up in places however it is very clean and very comfortable - I would say the 3 stars are correct. We stayed in the superior room - it was excellent and the bed was so comfortable it was hard to get up each morning.The reception area is comfortable and the fire was blazing away when we were there - it was a pleasure to sit there with a latte and some home-made shortbread.
Now to the food - that really is amazing and is definitely another reason that you would want to return to this Hotel. The starters are original and my favourite is the garlic creamy mushrooms. The deserts are too die for and it was difficult to decide what to have - the cheesecake is a definite winner and the fruit crumble is not what you expect and is also a winner. Main courses - you cannot go wrong whatever you choose as you can be guaranteed it will be cooked to the highest standard.
So if you find yourself in this area, make sure you visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Creebridge House Hotel is a traditional Scottish country house hotel, with 18 ensuite bedrooms, which preserves the peace and tranquility of rural life in elegant surroundings.Your hosts, Stephen, Sarah, Rory,Campbell and the rest of the team look forward to offering you a warm welcome and comfortable stay. The hotel acquired it's name from the nearby River Cree and is situated in 3 acres of garden and woodland, in the village of Minnigaff, at the edge of Kirroughtree forest. The busy market town of Newton Stewart is a mere 2 minutes walk across the Cree Bridge, where you will find a Cinema, Museum, Tourist Information, Leisure Centre with swimming pool, and a range of supermarkets, shops and services. The Hotel has a Scottish Tourist Board 3-star rating, 3 AA stars and one AA Rosette for food. There is central heating throughout, with roaring log fires in all the public rooms in winter and plenty of hot water on tap. The hotel's location makes it central for a wide variety of activities, from walking & cycling through the nearby Galloway Forest Park, to golf and fishing so close you can walk to the nearest hotspots. In fact the first tee at Newton Stewart Golf Club is just 400 yards away. Approximately 30 minutes drive west on the A75 will take you to Cairnryan with it's ferry links to Belfast in Northern Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Creebridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creebridge Hotel Newton Stewart
- Creebridge House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland