We stayed in this hotel mid week in April. The Deluxe rooms are very spacious and well equipped with beautiful views over the countryside. The hotel is well located for exploring the area and set in beautiful grounds.
The hotel was quiet, but this is a hotel you would come to for a quiet relaxing break so that wasn't a problem. The food is good with the emphasise on local produce and the wine list has a good range. at what seemed reasonable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A country house hotel, a former private mansion house dating back to the 1700's, sitting within 8 acres of its own gardens, a golf course adjacent. It is located near to the picturesque town of Newton Stewart built on the banks of the River Cree, and is within walking distance of the Galloway forest and hills. There is not only a variety of walks around the town and through the forest, but great cycling tracks as well. Slightly further away are a number of historical sights and the Machar Peninsular. On the Machar peninsular you will find the Booktown of Wigtown famous for its annual book festival, picturesque ports, a cave that was occupied by an early Christian Missionary to the Area, a bird sanctuary and the furthest south whisky distillery in Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, the most southerly point in Scotland, is not far away with its bird life and views to Ireland and the Isle of Man. If the magical village of Brigadoon was to appear this is where it would be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Kirroughtree House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirroughtree House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland
- Kirroughtree Hotel Newton Stewart