A Hotel we have stayed at on many occasions over the past 12 years. It is always an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A country house hotel, a former private mansion house dating back to the 1700's, sitting within 8 acres of its own gardens, a golf course adjacent. It is located near to the picturesque town of Newton Stewart built on the banks of the River Cree, and is within walking distance of the Galloway forest and hills. There is not only a variety of walks around the town and through the forest, but great cycling tracks as well. Slightly further away are a number of historical sights and the Machar Peninsular. On the Machar peninsular you will find the Booktown of Wigtown famous for its annual book festival, picturesque ports, a cave that was occupied by an early Christian Missionary to the Area, a bird sanctuary and the furthest south whisky distillery in Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, the most southerly point in Scotland, is not far away with its bird life and views to Ireland and the Isle of Man. If the magical village of Brigadoon was to appear this is where it would be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Kirroughtree House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirroughtree House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland
- Kirroughtree Hotel Newton Stewart