We stayed in one of the LADY GALLOWAY LODGES at Conifers Leisure Park near Newton Stewart in mid March 2009.
We were 2 adults and a child of 3.
We booked with Hoseasons for just one night the day before arrival. Although the lodges are supposed to be a min of 3 nights they allowed us to stay for the bargain price of £56! Can be booked direct through xclusia.com
It was absolutely beautiful and exceeded expectations in all respects!
Large 3 bed-roomed log cabin with quality fixtures and fittings. 2 bedrooms (one double / one twin) on the ground floor with one en-suite. The other bedroom is on a mezzanine level above the lounge with twin beds. There is another bathroom, spacious lounge and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine etc. Everything looked brand new! Lovely! (Tea and coffee sachets and milk provided but take extra and washing up liquid etc). There is a TV and DVD player.
The beds were very comfortable and linen and towels are provided. (Toilet paper was provided too).The heating had been put on for arrival but needs adjusting on the appropriate radiators to keep the lodge warm (Just a tip as we didn't realise and it was quite cold at first!!!!).
Large decked area at the front with 2 sets of tables. Not over looked at all!
The reception staff were great. When I enquired about check out the following day we were met with anytime that suited us but preferably before 4pm! We got the impression that nothing would be too much trouble but to be honest we had no need to contact reception as everything was perfect already!
I rated this 5 star from our point of view as we had a car and as we were only there for night visiting relatives who live 2 mins away from the park. We didn't get out and about at all and I presume a car would be needed to visit local towns, beaches etc. However, the park itself seemed extremely well kept and the setting was idyllic! The village of Minnigaff is about a 30 min walk away and although there is a hotel in the grounds there wasn't much else in theway of shops / eateries on site.I
Have to say I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posts and it would seem that this is a hidden gem....Well worth a visit especially out of season at the price we paid!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solid Luxury offer 33 luxury self catering cosy log cabins beautifully situated in mature woodland. There are several types of lodges to choose from sleeping 2 to 8. The Area - Conifer Lodges is an ideal place to escape and unwind based on the outskirts of Newton Stewart in the beautiful county of Dumfries and Galloway. With the backdrop of the Galloway Forest Park on one side and bordered by the Golf Course on the other, Conifer Lodges is the ideal base for a family holiday or a romantic break with your loved one. Dog Friendly Accommodation -Many of us at Solid Luxury are dog owners and know how important it is to be able to go on holiday with the whole family! Most of our lodges are dog friendly at Conifers and we would highly recommend visiting the Galloway Forest Park for some excellent walks. All of our properties are gated allowing your dog in and out of your lodge freely without worrying about them running away ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Conifers Leisure Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conifers Leisure Park Hotel Newton Stewart
- Conifers Leisure Park Newton Stewart, Scotland