“Tara bed and breakfast delightful ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelso
Tara Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 16 Kelso B&B and Inns
“Tara bed and breakfast delightful ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming and extremely helpful. Rooms are spotless and well equipped, in a convenient location for the town. Bruce offered to drop us off as I left the car in town to have a drink. Janet is very attentive and the breakfast cooked to order. A recommended stop off. Not often I say this but value for money!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fred J
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Wow...that was quick. Thanks for your review and kind comments. Janet always keeps everything in tip top condition, so whether you're here for a night or stay longer all is 'spick and spam'. Look forward to welcoming you again and hopefully to stay longer, for your value for money.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Many thanks to Janet and Bruce for being wonderful hosts during our stay at the end of June. My wife and I stayed at Tara for four nights, and found it to be a a very enjoyable stay. The room was clean and bright, our bed was incredible comfortable, the shower was superb and the breakfasts were great.
We will certainly stay here again, and we recommend it whole-heartedly.

Paul and Jo Cross
Suffolk

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks very much for your very thoughtful and encouraging review. It is appreciation like this which spurs Janet on to looking after her guests. We both look forward to meeting up again, hopefully soon.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent hosts (Janet and Bruce) and a really lovely b&b. Great breakfast, comfortable bed, Bruce drove the 3 of us into Kelso both evenings to save us a 20 minute walk.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars (which I rarely give) is because there were no curtains let alone black-out blinds; I was in an East facing room which meant when the sun rose at 5:45am on a beautiful sunny day the room was flooded with gorgeous sunlight and there was no chance of sleeping. Easily rectified.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for devoting your time and providing a positive review for our B&B. We would however wish to question the issue of Scotland’s gorgeous sunlight entering the bedroom. The low level feature window has vertical blinds and the high level velux windows have proprietary integral roller blinds, all of which can be closed to block out light, if required. The issue of too much sunlight has never been raised before either privately or on TripAdvisor and therefore leads us to question whether the blinds were drawn. We are sorry you didn't sleep upon sunrise and hope this didn't affect you too much. We will however monitor the situation for all our future guests.
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have just spent an excellent week end at tara bed and breakfast kelso.There is no doubt that this is the best small b/b that I have had the pleasure to stay in.It is located a five minute taxi ride from Kelso ensuring peace and tranquility during your stay.The owners Janet and Bruce are are extremely warm and welcoming and they will ensure they willl do whatever it takes to make you feel at home.The major disappointment during my stay was that Bruce failed miserably to give me any winners at the races.
Overall I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough suffice to say if you are in the borders make Tara your preferred choice.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are of an excellent standard.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ianauldbarclay
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks very much for your kind comments. We are just on the edge of Kelso, only a few minutes in the car or a little walk along the river, in the most beautiful surroundings. We can always drive you into Kelso. Bruce wasn't asked to provide the winners!! Can't guarantee a winner at the races but glad you found the B&B a winner. We look forward to your next trip to Kelso races as we do to all the racegoers. Kelso has 14 race days this year, so come, stay over for a few nights and enjoy what the area has to offer.
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here while working on the River Tweed for the whole autumn, 3 months in total. From the 1st email reply I had from Bruce I knew this is where I wanted to stay during my time on the Tweed. Although slightly out of the town its just a short 20 minute walk into the town, If you don't fancy the walk Bruce or Janet are available to give you a lift into the town if asked.
The rooms are a nice size and very clean and tidy, bed very comfortable I wish I could've taken it home! Wifi is provided in the rooms which is great as most people live on it these days.
Breakfast is lovely and is cooked for the time you request it, so didn't have to sit about waiting which in my situation was ideal.
I don't think you'll meet nicer people than Bruce and Janet anywhere, from my 1st day until my last day my stay felt like home. Very keen and attentive and couldn't do more for me.
Was a pleasure staying here and I would definitely highly recommend Tara to anyone looking to stay in the Kelso area.
If you like cricket you will have a great time chatting with Bruce.

Thanks a lot Bruce and Janet :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thanks very much for your very kind comments. Janet and I always endeavour to ensure our guests enjoy their time away from home. We were extremely pleased you chose us as your preferred place of stay option and we certainly learnt about the River Tweed, fishing and fishers.

Wishing you and your family all the best at Christmas, have a prosperous New Year and looking forward to you visiting us again in the not too distant future.
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

this has got to be one of the best b & bs we have ever stayed in, the rooms are decorated to a high standard and the beds are really comfortable. the breakfast is really tasty and the hosts are lovely people, we went to the races and bruce gave us a lift there and recommended places to eat in kelso we will stay here again next time we are in the area

thanks again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jackie s
Thanks very much for your gratifying comments. We try our best to look after our guests and ensure they enjoy their stay at Tara and this beautiful area we live in.
Janet and I look forward to you coming back soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Janet & Bruce were very friendly and accommodating. My friends and I just needed a bed for a night and a nice breakfast to see us on our way and for a very reasonable price we had a great stay. The family room was very nicely decorated and was very comfortable. No negatives about this B&B. I would definitely recommend this B&B and if I have another wedding in the area I will definitely be staying at Tara B & B.

Room Tip: Family room fits 3 so great for 3 friends sharing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sian D
bjtaylor123, Owner at Tara Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks Sian for your welcoming review. We do have many wedding guests who stay with us, but not many who cross the border to stay from the wedding venue. We hope you will return soon and not necessarily just for a wedding, and maybe stay longer.