“Lovely snack stop”
Review of The Ivy Room

The Ivy Room
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Ballachulish
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar
Description: Delightful cafe and bar situated within a beautiful golf course in the heart of the highlands of Scotland. Serving freshly prepared home baking and home cooking. The Ivy Room also offers a fantastic opertunity for private dining, private functions and events - please contact us with any enquires.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great wee snack stop, lovely place to stop on my trip from Glasgow to Inverness via Fort William. Good range of tasty food, scrummy home baking, super coffee all very good value served by friendly staff. Pity I don't live closer - it would definitely be one of my regular coffee destinations if I did, but I will certainly be stopping off here again on future trips this way.

1  Thank TracyG274

Reviewed June 14, 2013

When driving from Oban to Inverness, a couple of weeks ago, I saw a sign saying cafe open so my husband and I thought we would stop in for some lunch. The Ivy Room is located in the middle of a lovely golf course and has beautiful scenery. The cafe itself is warm and welcoming and the staff member who was working was lovely. The young girl (a waitress I presume) happily chatted away to us and gave us directions to a hotel we were stayng at. She was very chatty and welcoming. We ordered 2 coffee's, my partner had the fishcakes and I had a panini. The food took a while to come out despite us being the only customers present. The food was ok, not great. For the prices on the menu I would have expected better. However the location, views and welcoming waitress were all positives.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a local to the area I am delighted to recommend the Ivy Room where we visited with friends for lunch, in fab surroundings. We had exellent service and good value for money not to mention the yummy food, we will be back.

1  Thank EMaCL
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and stumbled upon the Ivy Rooms while out exploring the local area (slightly worried we were invading the golf course's clubhouse but luckily not!). It was a sunny day so we took advantage of the outdoor seating with cracking views across the golf course out towards the water. We had the fishcake of the day and a burger with all the trimmings (egg, cheese etc.), both were delicious and the portions were generous - which was just as well as the food at the hotel left a lot to be desired! Staff were very welcoming and service was good. Would recommend and visit again if we were back in the area.

1  Thank C_David_Fife
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited the dragon's tooth golf course recently, had a great round of golf and then popped in for a snack and a pint in the Ivy Room. I feel the prices were high for the quality of food provided. The two local girls who were waitressing and behind the bar were very pleasant however it sounded like it was quite chaotic in the kitchen. It was very busy at the time and although I was served quite quickly, there didn't appear to be any visible management present to control the front of house.
Nice round of golf, decent service, food ok but too expensive.