“Lovely Hotel - Great Deal”

Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ballachulish
edinburgh
“Lovely Hotel - Great Deal”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Booked this hotel on Laterooms. Got a great deal - £49 per night. Hotel has an amazing setting and the leisure facilities, while quite small, were ideal for us and our baby daughter.

Room was modern and large with a lovely view of the Loch.

Staff were helpful and breakfast was great.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — The room with the amazing view
  • Disliked — No lift - we had a pram but not a major problem
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kiks28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Polish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I don't use the word awsome very often but the view from our room deifintely warrants its use. I couldn't believe that we could look straight out of our room's large window across the glen. Amazing! It's a friendly place too and reasonably priced.

• Liked — The view. Need I say more?
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank actormat
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2008

I was on a 3 weeks vacation in England and Scotland when I came upon this hotel--- and I have to say it was seriously one of the highlights of my trip!

First off, the view--- it was out of this world --- absolutely stunning!!! I think you are surrounded on 3 sides by Loch Leven -- and that is surrounded by the highlands. Now I should preference this statement with a truth. I live in the Pacific Northwest -- so I am no stranger to beautiful country...as I come from a very beautiful place myself. In other words, it takes a lot to wow me. But I can tell you, I honestly stood outside my hotel room and said "this is the most beautiful view I have ever seen in my life" -- then I would do a 1/4 turn and say "no wait this is the most beautiful view I have ever seen" . I could repeat this no matter which way I looked, it was jaw dropping beautiful here.

My room was spacious, and also had a stunning views over the loch. It was chalet style with 3 slanted floor to ceiling window that opened up right on to a view of the loch. They must have know this would captivate, so they smartly positioned two large chairs and a table right in front of the windows so you can sit and appreciate the views. Wow does it get better then this? I don't think so!!!

For being a remote hotel there is plenty to do here. The location was perfect for a hiking, and I also think they rented bikes or a kayak. I never did this as was busy sightseeing during the day and only took a small walk by the loch after dinner. I did however use the pool, sauna ,and jacuzzi every night...and let me tell you it was a warm welcome after coming in from the cold of the highlands. I even worked off my dinner one night in the gym -which was nice as well.

The restaurant is in a conservatory also overlooking the loch - beautiful! To be honest I always enjoyed my breakfast there - but dinner was only okay. A different choice every night and usually good - but a little skippy!!! I guess I would have to say that if I worked for the Isle of Glencoe -- I would focus my attention on improving that mean. But hey.....it is as close to heaven I have ever been otherwise.

Its lovely place, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to, get away from it all & take in some spectacular scenery.

• Liked — The setting the highlands are amazing
  • Disliked — Improve the dinner and clean the rooms a little better - they were clean but not sparkling clean
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank CinderTravels
UK
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Nice hotel in a very pretty location overlooking Loch. Rooms are very clean and of a good standard. Some do not have a view of the loch so ask on reservation if you prefer this. Nice pool inside the hotel. Meals are excellent, breakfast has a very varied buffet. Although when we had an evening meal, service was a little slow although it was very busy.
It is an excellent place for families. Shame we didn't get the weather, rained both days we were there. Also had an excellent meal at the Onich Hotel a mile away, recommended.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — One pound for a towel for the pool
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Alan1971Uk
Carnoustie, Scotland
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Stayed 2 nights, wish it was longer. Staff very friendly, facilities excellent. Location amazing, but would need transport to appreciate area.
Breakfast choice, huge, main meals great, we stayed on DBB and the selection of different meals was fabulous.

• Liked — Staff, Location,
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macgac
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Spent two nights with other 2 couples for DB&B. Warm welcome, room very spacious and clean with fantastic view. Meals .. breakfast had a wide variety of everything you'd expect. Porridge was the best.. dinner provided a good selection of all three courses and there were ample portions. Could not fault the meals. We took our dog .. they provided a blanket for her to lie on in the bedroom and bowl of doggie treats when we arrived. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Nothing could surpass the views and location.. even the weather was kind. . Would happily return.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — slight noise from floor above
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank watsokd
scotland
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Have just had a two night stay at this Hotel and cannot give it a high rating.Our room was well used and the bathroom shabby, dinner portions were small and I did not find the staff at all friendly but merely going through the motions, breakfast was poor and tables were not cleared quickly.The best thing about this Hotel is the setting and the outside areas are well kept so giving it a pleasant appearance on approach.I will not revisit.

Stayed August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballachulish
Ballachulish Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish
Onich Hotel
Onich Hotel
#1 of 2 in Onich

Been to Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!