Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre
  • Breakfast included
Holly Tree Hotel(Kentallen)
$364
$293
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
$103
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
$205
  • Breakfast included
Ballachulish Hotel(Ballachulish)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Innseagan House Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,728 results
All reviewsisles of glencoepool and saunabunk bedspatio doorsfamily roomlounge areathe ground floordining roomloch view roomevening mealstunning viewsbuffet breakfastbottle of winebit datedpublic areasrelaxing breakfantastic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

It was the best hotel out of the 8 we've stayed during our trip. The scenery of the loch & the mountain was awesome, just like a postcard . Our room on the ground floor opens out to the lawn & it was so picturesque . It's so romantic, unspoiled & peaceful. The room was clean, comfortable bed & clean sheet. The dining room also has a great view. Food was ok. Staff were friendly.
There's an indoor pool & sauna & steam room as well. Great place for family retreat.
I hope to return someday & spend a few days here again.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor as your room opens out to the loch & mountain view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I thank you for your feedback. I have passed on your comments to my team also.
I look forward to welxoming you back to the Isles in the future, hopefully for the few days that you are looking to have.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

In our simple but spacious room, the slanting windows were soon filled with the gorgeous scene of a double rainbow reaching into the loch, with a small boat floating in front of a small island. A priceless memory. Nearby, you could walk to an old slate mine that was glistening, peaceful, and filled with birds, deer, and other (non-scary) wildlife.

The hotel was also nicely appointed, with a good indoor pool to relax in, and free Internet. Staff were friendly and capable. Dinner and the usual large Scottish breakfast were OK but not inspired in taste or presentation. The reason to come here is because it is so calm and uniquely beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to view a rainbow over the loch while here with us and take in the sights of the village too.
I am delighted that you have lovely memories that you can take home with you too.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

A high percentage of the chairs in the breakfast / dining room are in such an embarrassing condition (torn fabric and food & drink stains) they should be scrapped / recycled immediately.
Given the shocking condition of the chairs I decided to investigate further within our bedroom (room 333-£125 for B&B double !).

Having noticed that the feet of the bed had been ‘vacuumed around’ I decide to pull the bed away from the wall. The human skin (and dust mites) over the carpet, on the skirting and indeed all the way up the back of the headboard made me feel sick. On bringing this to the attention of the hotel I was told that the cleaning staff are given insufficient time to clean each room. It was clear that this bed had not been moved for several months.

Oh- the last sitting at the restaurant for an evening meal was 8.15PM. When I requested that we can take a seat at 8.30 I was told the kitchen would be closed and we really need to sit down ASAP! We walked 7 minutes into the village and had a terrific bar supper at the Laroch Bar & Bistro.

Room Tip: Room 333 has a nice view but check behind the bed to see the room had been vacumed properly!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am sorry that it was not as you had hoped. My managers do recognise that our restaurant and lounge furniture is in need of replacing and we are currently waiting for this to go ahead. In the meantime, we do our best to keep the chairs as nice as possible though we do find it increasingly difficult to do so.
I apologise that your room had not been vacuumed sufficiently and this has now been dealt with. The housekeeping team are allocated an amount of time to service the rooms and do so to the best of their ability and in general feedback is very positive towards the team.
With regards to your request to eat in the Restaurant at 8.30pm, you spoke to the F&B Manager who advised you that as everyone who had booked for dinner had now dined, we would be taking our last diners at 8.30pm that evening. You asked if you could have room service which we agreed to and gave you a menu to take to your room. You then did not call down to place your order, and as we had no other residents or non residents looking for meals, we made the decision to close the Kitchen. We do encourage our guests to book their table in advance for dinner but find that some guest do chose to eat out. I apologise if you felt put out by this, but am pleased that you enjoyed your meal in the Laroch.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Set on the loch, surrounded by mountians.... Stunning. The staff were helpful and friendly. The food was great. The rooms were big and clean and nice and warm. Would stay again when back up that way next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Isles in February. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful and friendly, the food to be good and your room was comfortable and warm.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles next year.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were on a deal which included dinner and breakfast. Room was big and clean with fantastic views across the water. It was also nice to have free use of the pool and free wi-fi. Staff were friendly and welcoming although we were disappointed that at 10pm we were told the kitchen was closed so we would be unable to get a hot chocolate - fancied a wee dram and hot drink to end the night. Dinner was ok but only as it was included in the deal, if we'd had to pay list price we would have been very disappointed - to the point that we filled up with a late lunch at the Ivy Rooms to avoid eating there again.

Would come back because of the fantastic setting & onsite leisure facilities but on a room only deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in May. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be big and clean. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your meals as overall the feedback is very positive. I have passed your comments however, over to my Chef and his team to take on board.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles and hope that we can change your mind in regards to our food offering.