“family stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ballachulish
Lanark, Scotland, United Kingdom
“family stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were a party of 13 including 2 babies and 3 young children. They all had a fabulous time.
We were given a separate room for dining and they even provided a tv and dvd player in case the children got bored. The food was very good and all our rooms were beautiful. My daughter and damily even had patio doors and a table and chairs outside on the lochside. We all had lovely views of the loch. We mad good use of the pool but unfortunately the jacuzzi was out of order. The staff were very attentive and good with the children

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I am so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us recently and that the Glencoe Suite suited your needs for dinner and entertaining the children. It's not something that we had thought about initially but we will definitely keep it in mind for future.
I am glad that you liked your rooms and enjoyed the views that they have to offer and that you managed to make good use of the pool.

Tracy Mackintosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Isle of Glencoe hotel, the hotel itself is in need of modernising but was clean and in a fabulous location. We stayed in room 205 and our view of the loch was amazing.
The bedroom and bathroom was basic and very clean, we found the bed on the first night too hard but we discussed this with reception who provided a mattress booster and we never had any trouble on the 2nd night.
The food was delicous with a good selection on both evenings and the breakfast was great with good choices.
The staff were all very friendly and a special thanks to Richard in reception who checked us in on Friday and provided us with all the info we needed and recitifed our dinner reservation that I had made on the monday that was missed off the list.
The leisure facilities are great, to have a hotel with a pool is a bonus for me. The pool was great and was nice and warm. The sauna was perfect for me as it never got too warm and I could have happliy sat in there for hours.
Overall, I would stay at the Isle of Glencoe Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that despite the Hotel needing some work done that this has not put you off enjoying yourself and that my staff were able to provide you with the information that you needed and I have passed on your thanks to Richard. I am also pleased that you felt that the Bio-sauna was just what you were looking for and that the pool was nice and warm for you.
I have also advised my Kitchen team that you were very pleased with both our dinner and breakfast offering throughout your stay, which is a good boost for them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles again in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

just spent the weekend using a groupon voucher and what a fabulouse time we had,lovely spaciouse rooms,comfy beds etc the place was spotless,staff were wonderfull,welcoming,helpfull especially the gentleman on duty on Saturday Richard!!!made use of the pool and spa facilities which were good,the views are spectacular from the bar/dining room,didnt have dinner but had two lovely buffet style cooked breakfasts....really cant fault this hotel and cant wait to go back.would recommend !!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the Hotel was well presented and you enjoyed the comfy bed.
I have passed on your thanks to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

just did an itison trip, great deal, d,d/b, plus wine...lovely hotel, wonderful setting, waking up to look out on a loch from the foot of your bed, its just a fab way to start the day. good room, lovely meal, lovely warm pool, friendly staff,.... good base for touring about.... lovely walks on doorstep, and nearby... At the foot of Glencoe...... its magnificent.......A very enjoyable trip..... AND WE HAD SUNSHINE ALL THE TIME.... oh and twooooo stags, posed for us....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with what the Isles had to offer. I have passed on your comments to my team, who all work hard to provide a good experience to our guests. You were very lucky with the weather too and we enjoyed the sunshine for well over a week.

Oban
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a stay at the Isles of Glencoe Hotel. This was a DBB with bottle of wine Deal and was fantastic value. The hotel is lovely, warm, comfortable with a lovely bar area and dining area overlooking the water. The staff are so friendly and helpful, particularly the dark haired waitress who served us at dinner and breakfast this morning. The pool was great, the Bio Sauna very enjoyable. The food was excellent. Our room was lovely, overlooking the water, very clean and comfortable. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. I have no idea what the normal rates are but it was superb value for the It's On Deal. We will be watching out for another opportunity to visit there. I can't believe some of the less than favourable views on Trip Adviser. Some people must be very picky and be expecting 5 star London luxury in a Highland hotel in a small village!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to my team.
We all work very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and your feedback is particularly appreciated.

Glasgow
Reviewed February 26, 2013

In my opinion Glencoe is the most breathtaking part of Scotland with dramatic scenery at every turn and wonderful views from most of the hotel windows. We have visited Ballachulish several times and always thought we would like to stay in the Isles of Glencoe. We finally stayed there for one night as part of a Groupon deal. I had tried to book a second night but the hotel was full.

O)n arrival I was pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of reception staff at check in and I was very pleased with the amazing view from our room. I also enjoyed using the leisure facilities (pool and sauna), and was really quite enjoying my stay until we went for dinner. To say the food was bad is an understatement. I had a beef dish and my husband had pork. It was bland and unappetising and to make matters worse I ordered cheese and biscuits as a desert. I could hardly believe it when what I got was some crackers and the saddest looking bit of cheddar cheese you have ever seen in your life.

Unfortunately things did not get any better at breakfast next morning. It was dry, unappealing and over cooked. In the end I was glad we had only booked for one night, and although I will go back to Glencoe I doubt whether I will ever use this particular hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am pleased that you were happy with your room and enjoyed the views across Loch Leven and mountains of Glencoe.
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy dinner or breakfast throughout your stay and am surprised that you chose not to bring this to my attention while you were at the Hotel. I have currently been working in the Restaurant on a full time basis and seek feedback from my guests throughout dinner and breakfast, but am not aware of any recent issues with our food offering. Had you brought this to my attention, I would have worked with you in order to resolve the issues that you had and maybe I could have helped to make your stay more enjoyable.
I hope that you will reconsider your decision not to stay at the Isles again, as I would very much like the opportunity for you to experience good food, both at dinner and breakfast.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

What can I say - the views alone make this hotel worthy of recommendation!!!

The room was immaculate - the staff were friendly and helpful - the food was lovely.

My only feedback (please don't read as complaint) is we found the bar area to be a bit lacking in atmosphere - some music/entertainment and some slightly more subdued lighting in the bar area would have been more inviting to us personally. Again, please don't take this as a complaint as we were very impressed with the hotel as a whole.

Highly recommended for anyone who wishes to have a break in this stunning part of the country.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your comments to my team.
With regards to the Lounge, I do agree that at times, the atmosphere can be lacking, especially if the Hotel is quiet. We do play background music, but don't want to have it playing too loud and maybe we do play it too low. Renewing the lighting in the Lounge is in our plans for the public areas and I hope that this will take place in the near future.
I do very much appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles in the future.

Tracy Mackintosh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballachulish
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish
Onich Hotel
Onich Hotel
#1 of 2 in Onich

Been to Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!