“Great Place to Stay - Again & Again (With Teething Issues still)”
Review of Clachaig Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballachulish
Clachaig Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Ballachulish B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have stayed here several times, and I do genuinely love to come here. It has a few issues still to sort out, but overall I would recommend it.

This time, I stayed with a friend, and I also took my elderly mother and her friend. They loved it really also.

Positives first, great location, great atmosphere, relaxed, and generally helpful staff (Unless its last orders). Rooms were nice and clean, 2 issues were a leaking bath tray, (above the kitchen), did not seem like a good idea...and a shower tray that wouldn't drain....

Internet didn't work in hotel, neither did Wi-fi - not a huge issue... but some conenction with the world would really be useful even for such a hotel in this location.

When we ordered food, my dinner was forgotten about... 25mins later, asked about it, and the girl went away to get it... I asked for no onions, and it turned up with onions... the last orders in boots bar... they have different closing times, each night.. a bit confusing... However, sunday was 11pm... although we only realised it was last orders, when we went tot he bar at 11.03pm, and was told the bar closed... when we asked did they not ring a bell etc, they said its not our responsibility..Strange, especially as we were residents also...then, there was musicians playing their heart out..awesome... yet big groups of snowboarders gassing were downing out even their best of efforts... its a real pity staff didnt ask them to go and sit in the snug bar area. So, as you can see a list of little issues.

I do feel management either does not know about such ones, or ignores it, and lives of the natural beauty of the area.

I will visit here again, cause of my love for the area. But, it would be nice for the staff/management to address these issues and improve everyones experience here.

Room Tip: Some Rooms have mountain views, ask for one of these!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for 2 nights and had a lovely time. The hotel's location is simply stunning, peaceful and relaxing. The hotel has a lovely warm, cosy feel to it with very pleasant staff, great bar areas and wonderful food. Our bedrooms were very nice, ideal size and had everything we needed. We will definitely return (without the children).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed one night with boyfriend and our wee dog. Staff fabulous, best breakfast ever and good pub food. Room was average though which I suppose is expected if it caters for walkers and their dogs. Best bit has got to be the journey there through glencoe.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited here after a long long walk and were parched for a drink. It met all our expectations. Great choice of ales for my partner and I had two wines. Ended up having lunch, steak and ale pie and venison burger. Was delicious. Love the rustic feel to this bar, the fact you go collect your own food is such a nice touch, back to basics and none of this rubbish phony nonsense you get in some places now.
it was burns night that day and we were staying in a local hotel which had nothing special planned so we decided to go back to the Clachaig for dinner. We both had haggis which was lovely again, then spent the night there listening to a live scottish folk band who were very entertaining. The pub was very full and atmosphere was excellent. We had such a great time and next time we visit the Glencoe area we will definitely try the Clachaig for accommodation too.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this pub. The setting, the food, the service and the atmosphere are what makes this place truly magical. Fantastic. The selection of ales on offer are varied and interesting, and a fine collection of whisky. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited here today (public bar area) with friends and had food, I hasten to add I have dropped by this place for years and have always found the place to be great!

Toilets were filthy - no soap in the men's and didn't look like it had been recently cleaned.

In summary the food was average, soup luke warm, small portions and expensive!

Service was excellent though, good staff.

Management need to have a rethink!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Clad19
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We love it so much we recently drove our Spanish visitors all the way up here for lunch so that they could admire the scenery and experience eating haggis for this very first time. Food was lovely and service was very good. We are booked to return in May.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lexyh75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballachulish
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish
Holly Tree Hotel
Holly Tree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kentallen

Been to Clachaig Inn? Share your experiences!