Clachaig Inn
Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre(Ballachulish)(Great Value!)
$106
Agoda.com
Glencoe House(Glencoe Village)
$766
$518
Loch Leven Hotel(North Ballachulish)
$175
$96
Holly Tree Hotel(Kentallen)
$223
$179
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
$97
Ballachulish Hotel(Ballachulish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsboots barlive musicthe pubgreat atmospheregame piereal alewalkers and climbersselection of beerssaturday nightchillimain barhaggislounge barmain buildingglencoe villageself cateringdays walking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013

While staying at the Red Squirell Campsite, we thought we would visit the very local pub for some food. What a mistake!! Although the pub itself is lovely, the food is so not worth it. My mum ordered the fish and chips and when it arrived, it was so over fried that you could have smashed a window with it, she cut into in and it just broke in half!!! My mum was so disappointed as she was hungry after a day spent checking all the beautiful sites around Glencoe. When my Dad took the plate of food back to the bar to complain, he was met with the worst attitude possible and the girl behind the bar suggest that my mum should have ordered something softer!!!! My dad and partner had ordered the haggis which was ok but clearly warmed in the microwave, I ordered salmon which was burnt underneath and when my mum's replacement burger arrived, it was cold in the middle (after us having to wait at least 45 mins for it) We would NOT go back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times & it never fails to impress. I love the friendliness of the staff & the relaxed style of the place which does not compromise comfort or efficiency. Then of course there's the other thing - location, location, location! Breathtaking views of the mountains & every time you look, there is a slightly different perspective & the variations in light make this a unique place to stay & enjoy Scotland at it's most dramatic.

The Clachaig is a wonderful place to stay - whatever the weather or activity or just to relax.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clachaig Inn is a great location. We stopping in just for the restaurant and the scenery. It was off the highway tucked back so when you drive up you are right at the foot mountains and you feel the impressive scenery envelop you.

We ordered our food at the bar and looked for a clean table. We were a bit disappointed that so many tables had yet been cleared off and when we got to a table, we cleared it off ourselves and put the dirty dishes on another dirty table. I had to stop the very busy waitress to please come back with cloth to wash off the sticky table.

I had ordered a steak. It was pretty good. It was a comfortable atmosphere and very mountainy. I liked it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I really don't get the Clachaig. It's in a fantastic spot and is welcoming inside and out - but the menu is dull dull dull. Over the last 15 years I don't think it has changed once! Doesnt the chef get bored?!? Never any specials on the menu and if anything is freshly made then I'll be very surprised. The only thing I can think of is that they don't need to do anything else because of its location and popularity as a drinking pub with good live music for campers and walkers and climbers. Such a shame though, as it could be sublime if they just made more of an effort. I'm not asking for gastronomy here - just things liks home made fish and chips - or anything homemade and with a bit more variety. Go on chef -give it a go - live a little!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Essjayelle
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Clachaig Inn is one of those legendary inns: in one of the most breath-taking mountain locations, it provides solid service to the many people drawn to Glencoe.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and very warm. I especially like the spacious ‘lodge’ rooms away from the main building – the view from some of these is stunning. The breakfast is always top quality - one of the very best you’ll get in any hotel - and on my last visit they had started offering proper bean to cup coffee (other hotels please take note).

The Boots Bar and Snug is terrific fun. Lively at the weekend (perhaps almost too lively for some with blokey groups of Glaswegians crammed against the bar) and an excellent ale range with enough Scottish brews to keep anyone happy. I was also very pleased to see 3 or 4 craft keg beers from Williams Bros as well and couldn’t resist. The bar food is decent quality and they get it out sharpish even when it’s busy.

A great place that fully deserves its revered status.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple