“Good food, long wait”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good food, long wait”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited as part of a group of 10, who had booked a table for 7pm on Monday 30/7. We had all ordered by 7pm, but didn't get anything at all to eat until after 8.30pm, during which time people arrived, ordered and were served at other tables. The staff offered no explanation, other than 7pm on a Monday being a busy time, and didn't see anything wrong with the wait. After a day on the hill, this was intolerable. The fish and chips were good, but it would have been much quicker to drive to Fort William and back to get them! The desert menu looked good, but I didn't want to spend another penny in a place with such poor service.

Preston, United Kingdom
“If you like cold food eat here”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Visited Mon 30/07/12 18:10 long wait required for special so opted for Haggis meal which was well presented but cold told waitress but nothing done so left never to return

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great value!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I visited on Saturday evening with my girlfriend and we were both extraordinarily happy with the level of service and quality we received. The welcome from the staff and the waitress was warm and inviting and the food was tasty, filling and very well priced. I had probably the best burger I've eaten in a long time (the fish my girlfriend received with her fish and chips was almost the width of the table itself) and by the time I finished it, I didn't even have enough room left for a pudding! Maybe next time as I will gladly stop-in again when I'm up that way in the future.

It was a very busy evening for them so well done to all the staff (front of house and kitchen) for keeping everyone with food on the table and happy!

2 Thank Mark S
“Could not be faulted.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been a few times with my family when in area. The whole experience was great from start to finish, the welcome we received from the staff could not be faulted.
Portions of the food were huge and excellent.
Hopefully be back soon.

2 Thank silverbridie
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
“Great find”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good food, friendly staff, good dining option if you are staying at Isles of Glencoe hotel.

Visited July 2012