“A wonderful experience”

Beatons Tearooms - Tisbury
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Tisbury
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open every day, Beatons Tearoom & Bookshop is a small, elegant and friendly tearoom first established in Tisbury, Wiltshire, inspired by the elegance and style of Cecil Beaton. Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind over a pot of your favourite loose leaf tea, browse our specially curated selection of books to discover something new to delight, or treat yourself or your friends to a luxurious English Afternoon High Tea, Beatons is the perfect choice.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went for lunch, our first visit. We had the home made fish cakes which were really yummy and then shared some walnut sponge cake,very nice indeed. We did have to wait a bit for the meal but is was all home made and freshley cooked. And waiting in such a charming environment was not a problem. We sat and read and drank coffee. A bright, fresh place to which we will return. The young man who served us was a delight.
A not to be missed experience.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Visited for tea and cake today en route from Oxfordshire to Somerset. Due to road works, and woeful lack of signage about them by the local council, we took rather longer finding Tisbury from the 303 than we should have done and consequently arrived only a few minutes before the advertised closing time. The tearoom was still fairly well populated though so we asked if we were too late for tea and cake and were told absolutely not, come in and sit down. So we did! And we were not disappointed. There is an amazing selection of teas and tea arrives in a large pot - and you are supplied with an egg timer so you can decide how long you want your tea to brew for! The scones and coffee and walnut cake were quite delicious too. The whole experience was quite delightful and although we were there way past closing time we were not rushed by the young and charming staff at all. As we left my husband, who is not always the easiest to impress with the quality of service in this country, said "well, it's not often that a place exceeds my expectations, but that place certainly did!". Trust me, this is praise indeed! I am hoping to go back for the Beatons High Tea before too long ...... Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Have visited Beatons about 5 times and have not been disappointed yet. Recently took my Husband and a friend for tea. I chose the scones, jam and clotted cream. The scones were wonderfully light and apart from my own home made were quite the best I have ever tasted. I really appreciated that they had been served warm! Toasted Tea Cakes with jam were chosen by the others and a portion of Pear and Almond cake each. I chose freshly squeezed orange juice, delicious, no concentrates here! The others had english breakfast tea and said it was good.

I have purchased several books from this place and as other reviewers have pointed out, the collection is unusual. This would be a good place to buy books for gifts.

The staff are always cheerful and I can thoroughly recommend Beatons.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Popped in whilst passing and were treated to a very good experience in a bright, cheery and welcoming cafe. The extra treat was the quirky selection of books for sales - as it is a small bookshop too. Whoever picks the books has a quirky approach. If in Tisbury again we shall certainly return.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We've had breakfast, lunch and afternoon teas there and all were wonderful!!!