“Why aren't all country pubs like this?”
Review of Beckford Arms

Beckford Arms
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tisbury
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently had my 40th birthday party here - I simpy cannot fault the experience, the way we were looked after, the professionalism of the staff or the quality of the food and drinks.

They were also hosting a book launch and a shooting party at the same time when we arrived, although they dealt with all this with apolmb and we never felt that we weren't important to them.

The dining room they laid out was incredible, the beer on tap was excellent (and I do not usually drink ale, but they keep their beer to a very high standard) and the whole atmosphere of the place felt very special.

As a party location, quiet dinner, spot of Sunday lunch or a quick pint - this place is simply brilliant.

I wish them every success and would like to stay or eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Beckford Arms

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a very nice meal today but it was not cheap how ever we were happy to pay more for a nice place with good service but when the bill came I was dismayed to find I had had to pay a service charge of 10% . It turned what could have been a nice meal out into feeling a bit seen off and the sad thing is I would probably have left a tip any way. I now would probably not visit again. What was funny was they would not let us pay with American express as they did there service charge was too expensive . (Pot, kettle, black )

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is our local. Always welcoming - log fires, inviting sofas, friendly staff. Extremely good food, delicious cocktails, coffees etc. And on the doorstep of the beautiful Fonthill Estate. Our dog is also always welcome which is a bonus.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a Saturday morning walk we popped in to rest and refresh. Like nowhere else we have been recently. Blazing fires in each room, lots of nice families having lunch.
Not to everyone's taste though: row of posh German cars lined up outside, the owners dogs begging at the tables for food, toddlers and their toys on floor. But that made it feel very homely.
Excellent service from young chaps.
Food good but expect to pay about 30% more than usual for a pub.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very good food and service in a superb location. Busy Sunday lunch - a good sign - so book in advance.