“Perfect location for a quiet weekend”
Review of Damson Cottage

Damson Cottage
Ranked #6 of 8 Lacock B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We spent two nights in this lovely B&B. The location was perfect with a warm and friendly welcome from Dilly, the owner, on arrival. Rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. For breakfast there was a variety of cereals, yoghurt and a choice of a perfectly cooked full hot breakfast (I would recommend the Poached Eggs) or a Continental Breakfast. I would highly recommend this B&B if you want to escape for a quiet weekend or visit the interesting and beautiful surrounding areas. If I was in the area again I would certainly return to Damson Cottage and thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 116Moira9

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I very seldom write reviews for places we stay (hence the delay in writing up this one!) but in planning some trips for 2011 I am reminded of our lovely stay at Damson Cottage last year. We were warmly welcomed by Dilly and nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom we stayed in was quintessentially English as other reviewers have said. Everywhere was clean and spotless and the shower was great (something I often find lacking in B&Bs)!

If you are looking for a relaxing break away in a beautiful part of the world with family, friends or just for a romantic weekend then this is for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheFenlons
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Spent two nights in this delightful B&B. Wonderful location with a warm and friendly welcome on arrival. Rooms are tastefully decorated with a splendid breakfast which set us up for the day. I would highly recommend this B&B if you want to escape for a quiet weekend or visit surronding areas.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Visited Lacock area for a long weekend and stayed in lovely Damson Cottage B&B, which was an excellent base to visit Lacock and the surrounding area. Damson Cottage is a beautiful property in a quiet and peaceful location, great for getting away from the big smoke. The cottage had lovely ground, which was safe to let one year old going running round to explore. Service was excellent from our host, Dilly including hearty english breakfasts to set us up for the day.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2010

A group of friends and I wanted to get away for the weekend. We spent a wonderful, relaxing weekend at Damson Cottage. Dilly was a superb hostess the accommodation was excellent clean and very comfortable. The food was an absolute delight; Dilly’s scrambled eggs are a taste of heaven. I still crave them now.
As we had no set itinerary so Dilly kindly made lots of fab recommendations of places to see and things to do.
Our aim was to relax and spend quality time with each other and Damson Cottage was the place to do this. I have recommended Lacock and this fabulous B&B to all of my friends and Family and I hope to take my new husband with me for a relaxing weekend in the spring

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found this delightful cottage while traveling the area with our 18 y.o. daughter. We were greeted warmly by Dilly who immediately put us at ease and gave us the rundown on the area. We placed our bags in the comfortable family room before heading off over the stone bridge towards Lacock. We then wove our way between tiny cottages, crossed the sheep-filled field and a meandering creek to find ourselves wandering wide eyed around Lacock Abbey (est1232), the Tithe Barn (14th century) & quaint cottages with rambling roses. After a delicious dinner at The George pub with it's Fox Talbot, Harry Potter and Pride & Prejudice memorabilia, we strolled back to our cosy room and watched a movie together over a cup of tea. There was a variety of cereals, the 'best ever' fruit salad and a perfectly cooked full hot breakfast to greet us in the morning .We all agreed that our stay at Damson Cottage was the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GordonandDenise
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This is a lovely cottage in a lovely setting. I was in Lacock because of a stressful family crisis to which the welcome' that I received, and everything else about my stay was the best possible antidote. Before making my reservation I looked at the other ratings on this site, read the negative one and concluded that it had to be some weird aberration, and so it was.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo